Something odd encountered

You are looking at a bitmap filled smooth polygon with a bevel effect (6 map units) applied.

dcacMon.png

Now you are looking at the same thing (well, 8 map units) on another sheet. I am simply hiding the previous layer on the cliff I am crafting.

FpPLcld.png

I have no idea what it is doing or why. Any ideas? Probably should bug report it, but thought that I would check in with experienced folks first.

EDIT: Source image is a VH quality bitmap (40 map unit scale)

Tim

Comments

• I have encountered similar artifacts but I have no clue on how to deal with it.

But if increasing the size of the bevel effect helps, then that's a start:)
  • edited March 2017
    This happens when there is a bevel effect on a sheet over another with the same or a similar color bitmap fill. What I, and i believe most of us that have encountered this phenomenon do is to create a "liner" sheet between the two matching sheets. Make a copy of your poly onto the liner sheet and change it to a solid fill color that is different than yours (i usually do a pink or greenish color, edge fade the sheet, to keep the edges tucked under your poly and add a transparency 50%for good measure). This should eliminate that effect

Feel free to attach your fcw. and i'll show you what i mean if i didn't explain it well enough :)
  • You explained it very well, thank you!
    Posted By: Lorelei Make a copy of your poly onto the liner sheet
    I don't know how to duplicate a sheet - I can manage everything else, but this one I've not done yet.

Thanks!

Tim
  • I am copying the object to a sandwich layer - once there, I am change the fill to solid black which is working fine.

Still, if there is a way to dupe sheets, that would be good to know.
  • Open the sheet popup, and type in a new sheet name. Move it to between the sheets you want to add the sandwich between.

Copy by 'move sheet' under change properties, or copy the bitmap, and thern move it to the new sheet.

There isn't means to click and bring up 'dupe sheet' that I know of.
  • The only way I know to "duplicate" a sheet (not the objects on the sheet), is to create a new sheet, put it where you want it, go to the sheet you wanted to copy, select all the effects, click "copy," then go to the new sheet and in the effects area, click "paste."

You can right-click on the Copy command and select "Copy to Sheet" to dupe an object (or objects) to any sheet.