Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorTopdecker
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2017

When I have sheet effects activated, I have noticed that I _might_ lock up when I zoom in or out. It seems to related to zooming multiple levels - not letting the first zoom finish when commencing the next. The more populated the map, the more likely the crash.

I am the only one with a problem of this nature? It is hardly consistent and only seems to crop up after at least 60 minutes of editing. But it is making me a bit anxious about having sheet effects activated and has me considering exiting the software regularly to see if that helps.

CC3+ (current version) / Windows 7 64-bit / 16gb RAM / 4gb video RAM

Tim
    • CommentAuthorCalibre

Yes, I have this issue routinely as well. I thought it was RAM issue as I have the same RAM as you.

Cal
    • CommentAuthorJimP

Its trying to render the file, so try waiting. There is a discussion of this around here somewhere.
    • CommentAuthorTopdecker

I will try that, JimP, but my experience has been when the 'working' icon stops spinning and ctr-alt-del doesn't do anything, chances are good that you done. Can't recall if the mouse was locked in place or not...

Tim
    • CommentAuthorJMunsonII

I ran into this with lights - somewhere north of 153 lights the system started to get bogged down, and at some number (over 200) crashed when attempting to render an A4/Letter-size map on screen.

I think the real issue is the 32-bit limit thus the system runs out of resources.
    • CommentAuthorTopdecker
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2017

I should also mention that I have another system on an SSD. Only 8gb of RAM and Win10, but thus far zero crashes on it and the display is such that I am forced to zoom in and out quite a bit on it.

Tim