CC3, update and City Designer 3

For years CC3 was laying in my closet. Now it's installed, but what I really need is City Designer 3.
So here's my question: Do I need to first purchase the "CC3+ Upgrade from CC3" and then City Designer 3, for my installed CC3 to work? (version CC3 3.43)

Comments

• edited March 2017
    Welcome aboard, Zodiac!

According to the CD3 "Detail" page, it looks as if you should get download access to both the CC3 and CC3+ versions of the software when you purchase CD3, as the info says you can install it with either. As you have Update 11 installed for CC3 (so, version 3.43), CD3 should work fine with it (mine does).

However, you might be advised to await a more "official" confirmation here before going ahead with your purchase, just in case I'm wrong!

And CC3+ is worth investing in if you're planning to do more, regular mapping, and might need access to some of the newer ProFantasy software, such as the more recent Annuals (which won't run under CC3 as they arrive). CC3+ is definitely a step-up from CC3 in terms of accessibility and speed, but I still manage just fine with CC3 as well, incidentally!
  • Thanks, Wyvern :)

I'll await a more officiel confirmation, before I purchase CD3. But your explanation is in line with what I thought myself :)
    I plan to do more regular mapping in the future, so CC3+ is on my wishlist.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    You will get access to both the CC3 and CC3+ versions of CD3 when you buy it. So if you buy it now, you have it for CC3, and also for CC3+ when/if you upgrade (I recommend upgrading due to the increased performance of CC3+. This is especially noticeable in large city maps)