Custom Tool Properties Feature Request

I was unable to find anywhere for making a feature request. So I'll post this here and hope someone tells me where to do this proper or one of the Profantasy guys sees it.

I would like to make a request that in some future update, the Textbox for Sheet in the Custom Tool Properties dialog box, be changed to a ComboBox, so I can select the sheet I want rather than having to remember to write it down prior to opening the modal dialog.

I'd really, really, appreciate it.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited March 2017
    The reason this is a text box instead of a combo box is that it allows you to write very simple patterns. You may have noticed that most landmass tools are bound to LAND* instead of just LAND. The first form means that the tool will use the current sheet if it starts with LAND (such as LAND ISLANDS), but if it doesn't, it will go to the LAND sheet, while if you just write LAND, it will always go to the LAND sheet. Same goes with the sheet entry box in the symbol settings dialog.
    This also allows you to make a tool for a sheet you don't currently have in your map, the tool will create that sheet on first use (Of course, this also opens up for misspelling)
  • kathoruskathorus Traveler
    You can make editable combo/drop boxes, you could also add a checkbox to the area that says "When this is checked, use algorithm wildCardLogic, else use algorithm noWildCardLogic."

I guess what I mean is, there is a programmable way to accomplish it, which is likely more trivial than 99% of the rest of the software.