Cave walls & light leaks...

Greetings!

I figured out a way to solve the cave walls and light leaks issue... And maybe a previous person already did this and I'm just reinventing the wheel here... or maybe there is a better way and I'm just boneheaded...

So here's what to do:

1. Create a new sheet, give it any name you like, I called mine Wall Tunnels (in this case because I was having the problem in my tunnels). You could call yours Cave Walls and be just proper.
2. Move it just below WALLS.
3. Create a new layer, give it any appropriate name you like (like "Cave Walls Light Mask" or something). This will make changing properties easier later.
4. If you can, Freeze all layers but the layer your Cave floors are on and your new layer.
5. Right-click the Copy tool and choose "Copy to Layer." This creates exact copies of the selected entities and puts them on a selected layer. This way your walls will "trace" the entities' outlines exactly.
6. Select and Copy all your Cave floor entities to the layer from Step 2 above.
7. Make your new layer the active layer.
8. Freeze all other layers (to prevent accidental changes).
9. Using the Change Properties tool, select by Layer - using your new layer from Step 2.
10. In the Change Properties dialog, set the Sheet to the one you created in #1, the Line width to .5, Line style to Solid, Fill to Solid, and Color to White (#15), then click OK.
11. Going back to your sheet from #1, add a Blend Mode and set that to Multiply. I also added "Wall Shadow, Point Light Setup" with a value of "0" to mimic the Walls sheet.

And you are done!

You have effectively created "transparent aluminum." No, really, you've created transparent walls that won't let light through (now that's a conundrum)... White is transparent in Multiply mode, so, in essence, it is as if it isn't there but the effects will act as if it is...

If you see light leaks while viewing the map in CC3/+, don't worry, they won't render when you "develop" your map (aka save it as a JPG or PNG).

Hope this helps someone!

If it isn't helpful, let me know and delete this post! :D

Jon