Technique Question / Help

After a several month hiatus, I am back to working on a map. I used Charles Robinson's excellent tutorial to do my rivers, but as you can see in the picture, I need to blend them somehow into the ocean and cannot figure out how to do it. I know how I would do it in a graphics program, but not in CC. The ocean is the actual map background and the river is on the "rivers" sheet. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Also: what I'd REALLY like to do is also put a black glow outline on the rivers, similar to my ocean coast...

Comments

• edited March 2017
    This method works well with some fills and is less successful with others. When I use this method, I keep the end of the river close to the original shore were it is less noticeable. I have also used edge fade inner, and in some cases used blur. I think texture overblend is sometimes used. It can be tricky. :-) The river sheet normally has effects on it already which you can modify. Look at your sheets section and see what effects are added to that sheet.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    If I want to create river like this, I will usually create a new sheet called "RIVER MOUTH" or such and place it above the RIVER sheet (below it in the list). I then add an Edge Fade Inner effect to it and draw a polygon in the same fill style over the mouth. See my attached sample.
  • Thank you both for the help. I think that will get me sorted :-)