Bevel, Lighted - invalid rendering

Greetings!

I have also sent this direct to support, however, thought I'd see if anyone here has any thoughts on the matter.

In short I'm seeing a problem where Bevel, Lighted, or Bevel (either one) gets applied to the texture in an entity, not to the edge of the entity as expected.

I have five cave sheets (wrote layers originally ;p ): CAVE, TRENCH, CAVE 1, CAVE 2, CAVE FINAL. They are drawn in that order. CAVE is the default, TRENCH has an inner bevel applied, CAVE 1 & CAVE 2 have Bevely, Lighted, applied, and CAVE FINAL has the standard Glow w/ a Multiply layer and its fill color is white (you'll see why in a moment).

The reason for that is (see the screenshot below) - I have several floor levels. The lowest, the trench, the CAVE floor, then up a level to CAVE 1, then up a level to CAVE 2. CAVE FINAL just renders the normal CAVE sheet glow to unify everything. I hadn't figured out a way to do this otherwise, so if there is a better way to do these levels please let me know.

OK, now for the issue... As you can see from that screenshot, the middle level, CAVE 2, does not render properly. If that entity is removed, then CAVE 1 will not render properly - it mimics what happened on CAVE 2. Anyone have any thoughts why this is?

Now, as an adjunct to this, the next screen shot shows what happens when I zoom in to the area. #1 shows that the viewport edge starts to bevel, and keeps beveling the more one zooms in. #2 shows the 3rd and 2nd levels. #3 points out that the CAVE 2 effect is rendering properly at that zoom level. Hope that makes sense...

Thoughts anyone?

Jon

Comments