Changing the title or copyright

I created a map and when I started it, I placed some temporary verbage for the title and copyright. Now I would like to change it, maybe even move it around, but I cannot find a way to access the settings. Apologies for such a newbie question, but I have given it quite a bit of time searching and looking before coming here.

Thanks!

Comments

• DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited March 2017
    I presume you mean the actual Map Title entity that you place when you create a new map, and not just a regular text entity that you added later?

The Map Title and Copyright are special entities. Click the Numeric Edit  image  button (command line: EDIT) and then select the base of the Map Title or Copyright. A somewhat-confusing dialog box will display. Change the value of the Default Value field and uncheck all the checkboxes at the bottom. Click OK to change the text that displays on your map to what you entered as the default value.

Note: If you leave the Display Tag checkbox checked, then the value of the Tag text field will display instead.

Personally, I never use the Map Title or Copyright entities. I use a regular text label instead.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
    Incidentally, this is the same way to edit other symbols that have text attributes, such as some (not all) scale bars.
  • Thank you, Dogtag! I managed to get rid of the existing title. I will heed your advice and in the future I will not use the built-in options unless I am just really scrambling to get a map done.
    edited March 2017
    You're welcome.

Happy mapping,
    ~Dogtag