Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorKraikken
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2017

Hi everybody! Picked CC3+ up about a month ago and have been busy browsing the forums, reading tutorials and collecting the available assets. I'm not much of a pen and paper artist, keep largely to miniature and model painting, but I took a stab at making a crystal for a cave that was a map request. If anyone wants to use it, I've attached the png file below, and just have a snap shot from a cave with it inserted into CC3(okay that slime has a shadow, I need to move that to flat symbols). I'll be making a few more shards and will post them here if anybody wants.

Thanks for the wonderful community of helpful people, it seems almost every questions I've had has been answered in either a video or by somebodies post in here so I don't think I'll be posting frequently other than to say Ooo, Ahhh, thats pretty and the like.

Crystal Finished.png
    • CommentAuthorHadrianVI
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2017 edited

Welcome:)

Nice work!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Hey Kraikken. Welcome to the forums.

Glad you are finding answers to your questions here.

Nice crystal.
    • CommentAuthorJMunsonII

Good job on the crystal! :)
    • CommentAuthorShessar

Very nice! Thanks for sharing!

Welcome to the PF forums too, where everyone is kind and extremely helpful. :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag

Yes, welcome to CC3+ and the ProFantasy forum Kraikken. I'm glad to know you've been finding the information you need as you learn CC3.

Thank you for sharing the crystal, that's very kind.

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2017

Welcome to the Profantasy Forum, Kraikken :)

That's a beautiful drawing - thanks for sharing.

Its lovely to see that you've dived straight into the community spirit :D
    • CommentAuthorKraikken
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2017 edited

Posted By: LoopysueWelcome to the Profantasy Forum, Kraikken :)

That's a beautiful drawing - thanks for sharing.

Its lovely to see that you've dived straight into the community spirit :D

Exactly, I've made wide use of the many freely available assets and symbols, the tutorials that people have painstakingly crafted to help new comers like myself. I'd be shamed if I didn't offer some token back for all the resources I've already consumed.
    Purple crystal and some color variations!
      Crystal 2stick purple .png
      Red Crystal.png
      Crystal 2stick .png
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

These are great. Where have you been hiding your talent.... and WHY!!
    • CommentAuthorKraikken

Posted By: QuentenThese are great. Where have you been hiding your talent.... and WHY!!

Thank you for the compliment! I've only recently picked up a digital pen, mostly out of necessity to make the assets I needed for my own RPG game endeavors. I wrote a small adventure module for The Mutant Epoch http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/188283/One-Day-Digs-7-The-Ascent?term=Ascent&test_epoch=0 but didn't do any of the art.

As far as talent, I can do geometry and follow tutorial instructions pretty easily. Biological things, not so much.
    • CommentAuthorWyvern
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2017 edited

Posted By: KraikkenAs far as talent, I can do geometry and follow tutorial instructions pretty easily. Biological things, not so much.

Start with a Crystalline Entity, and then soften the outlines, perhaps? :D
    • CommentAuthorKraikken
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2017

Posted By: Wyvern
    Posted By: KraikkenAs far as talent, I can do geometry and follow tutorial instructions pretty easily. Biological things, not so much.

Start with a Crystalline Entity, and then soften the outlines, perhaps? :D

Holy crap I'm doing this!