Pre-order questions

I have a couple of concerns that I would like to address prior to investing in CC3.

First, I work on both a laptop/tablet and a desktop, but never simultaneously. Does the license allow me to install the software on 2 devicves?

Second, one of these devices had a high pixel density display. Does CC3 and other programs honor UI magnification settings or otherwise allow you to increase the size of the UI?

Thanks!

Tim

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited March 2017
    Yes, as long as both devices are yours (and primarily used by you), and it is not for commercial use, the license allows for up to 3 devices (Commercial use requires one license per device)

It honors the Windows Screen Size setting. (That is, CC3+ does [as long as you have the latest update installed]. CC3+ does it properly, and looks good on high DPI screens. CC3 is not high-dpi aware at all, which means windows forces it to follow the size setting, but icons/text gets a bit fuzzy)
  • Thank you, Monsen. I don't have any time invested in CC3, so CC3+ needing to be used is probably not going to be an issue - it will all be new to me ;)
    Yea, you should definitely start with CC3+. The only real reason for a new user to use CC3 right now is if you wish to take advantage of the styles from some of the older annuals, as not all annuals are converted yet.
  • Yeah, I quickly hit the older annual problem. I've decided to start with 2016 and work backwards - guessing that the first 6 of 7 are not yet converted (seem to recall reading that prior to buying, so not surprised)
    Unless there is something very specific you are after, the annuals that are converted so far should keep you busy for some time to come. As a new user, I recommend spending some time with core CC3+ and working your way through the manual first as well, before you start with the add-ons and the annuals.
  • Sounds like sage advice, thanks. I will do a full install on one of the machines and the other I will keep uncluttered as you suggest.