Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2017

Hi, this is a start on the regional map of the Irisian City states in the SW of Artemisia. More detail to be added of course.
      Irisian City States.JPG
    Cool! :-)
    • CommentAuthorShessar
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2017

Can't wait to see what you add to this.
    • CommentAuthorJMunsonII

Very nice. :D
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

Really nice, Quenten! Although may i make a suggestion? The text is a bit difficult to read when over a landmass ( the ?? Hills and lake at the northern edge of the map) - so maybe a different font or less of drop shadow and more glow? or....my eyes could just be telling me to "get glasses, alice"
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Thanks for that feedback - will fix that.
    • CommentAuthorHadrianVI
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2017

Looking forward to see your next steps. Looks good so far.

If you want some criticism, I would probably make the roads a bit transparent or thinner and add an inverted bevel effect.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2017

Thanks Hadrian. I will certainlt at least thin the raods, possibly use another colour, but I hadn't thought of bevel - thanks for the tip. At present it is just a cropped area of the main Continent map with the font changed to Papyrus. Have to finish Peredur first.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2017

My latest version of the Irisian City States, with all the roads and villages put in, plus a few extras. Just a few more structures like towers, keeps and circles, with the entrance to a dungeon complex in the hills, then I think I'm finished. Please give me your critique (compliments welcome, but not as helpful as savage criticism ;) )
      Irisian City States2.JPG
    • CommentAuthorNacon4

Beautiful map. I like your little keep in the middle of the ocean (on a reef, I suspect). I may use that idea someday.

N4
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Nacon, I cannot see the keep you refer to - sure it isn't a rock? Whereabouts did you see it - I will have to fix it (either by elaborating on it, or deleting it)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Nice map, but I do think most of your city/village symbols are too small. I need to look real close to see that there are some tiny specks along the road, which I think is village symbols. Even your named cities is a bit on the smallish side.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

They will appear quite well on the 50Mb map, but I wish to keep things within scale. I will think again about enlarging them a bit. Thanks for the comments
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

I have enlarged the settlement symbols a bit - hope that works. The map is now complete, and on its way to Monsen
      Irisian City States3.JPG
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

I will be away for 3 days, but look forward to catching up with you all after that.
    • CommentAuthorHadrianVI

The map looks very nice.
    Have a nice weekend.:)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

The Irisian City States are now online. Great work.