CD3 Adding Water or Rivers

So i see tons of CD3 maps that have rivers going through them, but i have yet to discover how to do this. Could someone please help me in adding rivers. Thanks

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited January 2009
    Click the "All City Drawing tools" button. It's the 4th button from the top in the rightmost of the two toolbars to the left of the screen. (It looks like a crossed pencil and hammer).
    Then just select a river from the list, and start drawing it in the map.
    Posted By: Maddog1991thanks i feel dumb lol
    You're welcome. And no need to feel dumb. We have all needed help with CC's features at some time.
  • How do you put a land mass (island) in the middle of that river? That's something I'm trying to do with CD3.
    edited January 2009
    One way is to click the "All city drawing tools button", then in the style dropdown, select one of the "overland" styles. Here, you should have several drawing tools for drawing "land". Just use them to draw a piece of land in the middle of the river/lake.

Note that doing this will add a new sheet called "Land" to your drawing. By default, it will end up on top of everything else. Use the sheets dialog to change it's placement in the stack if needed (It will be needed if you intend to draw anything else on top of your island). If you already have a sheet named land, the new island will end up on that sheet, which may be below other sheets. In that case, either move the sheet so it is drawn on top of the river, or just create a new sheet, and move the landmass you just drew to the new sheet.
    You may also want to add some effects to the new sheet.
  • Well... that explains why everything I was trying would "disappear" on me. LOL

Thanks for the help on that. I moved the sheet above rivers and it was drawn. Done learnt me a sumptin new today.