Symbol manipulation

Hey everyone,

I started to use CC3+ (and especially the Dungeon Designer) a few days ago and really like it although many controls are not very intuitive to me.

My biggest Problem at the moment is, that I can't figure out how to manipulated already placed Symbols (e.g. move, erase, change properties etc).

If I select the tools in the toolbar on the left side of the screen and try to select a symbol it just doesn't get selected. I tried to click the edges of the symbol, I tried to click further away because in the manual was written that in that case I should be able to draw a box to select items. Nothing worked so far. I also tried to hide every other layer but still couldn't select the symbol (There's one more thing I don't understand so far: Why do the symbols use 2 layers? I have to have the 'Symbols" and 'Symbols Definition' layer active/visible in order to see them).

Another bit of information that might be useful is, that I don't get the little selection square next to the cursor, when I click on 'Erase', 'Move, Scale, Rotate', 'Change Properties' and so on. When I move the cursor over the map and left click, the information box next to the cursor changes (in case of 'Erase') between "Command [ERA]: " and "Select a layer: *right click for the layer dialog *type a layer name". Left clicking just alternates between those two options, while right clicking in the first case opens a window with options:
*Repeat last command *Zoom Window/Extents/In/Out *Undo *Erase *Move,Scale,Rotate. Right-clicking in the other case opens the Select Layer window.

I'm probably making some stupid mistakes that I can't get it to work, but I hope someone is able to enlight me :)
Many thanks in advance

Comments