Rotating in Persepctives

Can an object be rotated on more than 1 axis in perspectives? I'd like to be able to copy a structure and rotate it some to add some variety without having to redraw every structure every time. But the only way I can it to rotate is up and down. I want to rotate left and right.

Example: Why would I want to rotate like this? Can you rotate on a different axis?

Comments

• DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    Unfortunately, there is no other axis to rotate around. Perspectives simulates 3D but it is only a 2D program.

~Dogtag
  • HHmmmm.. I knew it was 2d, just seems weird to rotate on that axis...gotta say that's quite disappointing. Thanks for the reply though.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited March 2017
    Posted By: scor1pionHHmmmm.. I knew it was 2d, just seems weird to rotate on that axis
    That's because there are no other axis to rotate around. Remember, when using a 2D application, there are no hidden surfaces that can be brought into view. The parts of the house you currently don't see doesn't exist. For it to be able to rotate the house any other way, it would have to be a 3D-program, that treats the house as a 3D-object and has knowledge about the hidden walls.
    By faking 3D with an isometric projection like CC3+ does here, it fools us into thinking that this is a complete house with back and front, and that we only sees part of it, but unfortunately, the only parts that exists is what we see here, making other kinds of rotation impossible.
  • Yeah I understand that, was just hoping that there was some logic to the rotate function. Its not as if there is a whole lot going on to the design of the structure. Only a couple of lines and colors to each.....but it is what it is I suppose.
  • taustinoctaustinoc Surveyor
    edited March 2017
    The illusion is effective enough that it's hard to wrap your head around, but rotating a 2D image is sort of like walking to the side of a façade on a movie set:

There just isn't anything else there.