Scale in maps with Pete Fenlon style

I've been working with the Pete Fenlon map style, but it escapes me how the scaling works with that style. If I create a map with a size of 110x110, then the width is only 100 and the height is around 96 (or something like that). All the other styles seem to have the exact size that you set them to -- but not the Pete Fenlon style.
What can I do to get a map at the exact dimensions I want for this style, other than trial-and-error? I'm sure there's an easy way to do it, but it's not obvious to me.

Thanks.

Comments

• Yeah, that's a bit weird....If you hide the Screen you can see the map border in green.....THAT is 110x110. I'd just resize my background.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    The reason for this is to hide the effects of entities along the edge. For example, if you have a lake that extends out beyond the area of your map, CC3 wills till apply the edge effect all around the lake, also where it terminates ate the map border. By putting the map border a bit further out, when you draw the lake, it actually extends outside the visible map, ensuring that this edge effect is hidden by the screen.
    The downside of this is of course the size issu that you experience, since maps are sized according tot eh size of the actual map border, not the visible rectangle.