And a conveyor!

So, how in the world were the miners supposed to get the cart contents into the smelter w/o a conveyor?!?

Well, problem solved...

Jon

Comments

• DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    These are really very good. They will pair well with SS4 and, especially, with CA94 Dwarven Dungeons (October 2014), which was also designed to work seemlessly with SS4.

I see a hand crank on the conveyor (nice detail!) but how is the bellows operated?

Thanks for your work on these. They're wonderful. That's quite a talent you've no doubt worked hard to develop. *doffs cap*

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
  • JMunsonIIJMunsonII Traveler
    edited March 2017
    Thanks Dogtag. :) I wouldn't mind if it paid the bills and then some... LOL!!!

The bellows is meant to be operated by a rather large machine that spins a crankshaft which has a connecting rod that connects to that large bar on top of the bellows. Frankly, it is too much to really draw (taking away from what is necessary on the map to convey a mining operation), so, I felt it best to simply be an assumed item. The machinery would also lift/move the various smelting pots, etc. I suppose I'll need an ingot block the smelting pot can pour into... hmmm... I was also thinking of a smaller furnace - for, say, glass-making, or whatever.

Jon
  • Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Traveler
    Wow your symbols are awesome i can't wait to see and download the full set when you get done.

Was wondering if your miners have any mining digging machines technology or magical powered.
    maybe some molds they pour melted gold etc into to make coins or other items.
  • Posted By: Jay_NOLAWas wondering if your miners have any mining digging machines technology or magical powered.
    In the case of the map for which I am making these, no, just raw brute-force digging. The cult for which these are in operation has (technically had, as it is ages out-of-existence) no shortage of slave labor... ;)

But that could be something to consider for others...
  • GatharGathar Traveler
    Posted By: JMunsonIIThanks Dogtag. :) I wouldn't mind if it paid the bills and then some... LOL!!!
    Well, if you make more of those, maybe you could contact ProFantasy so that they publish it as an annual, and get some money out of it (I have absolutely no idea if this could pay any bill or not). The quality you have achieved so far could clearly allow that IMO.
  • Posted By: GatharThe quality you have achieved so far could clearly allow that IMO.
    Thanks Gathar - I appreciate the vote of confidence! :)
  • Posted By: JMunsonII
    Posted By: GatharThe quality you have achieved so far could clearly allow that IMO.
    Thanks Gathar - I appreciate the vote of confidence! :)
    ^^Agreed wholeheartedly! Your symbols are incredible! Nice skills you've got there :)