Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2017

Jon Roberts Cities - Hurrah
    • CommentAuthorWyvern
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2017

Dogtag noted:D'oh! Have you been waiting for HW? It was folded into the CC3+ installation a while ago, back with Update 4, no Annual required!

Actually, I hadn't been, but had forgotten this. I started a map some time ago using HW on CC3 (not CC3+) that I still haven't finished, mostly because I intended to use other Annual features that still aren't on CC3+. Mind you, at this rate, they probably will be before I finish it...
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2017

Oooh. Downloading.
    • CommentAuthorBarliman
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2017

See? I go away for a few days and find something good waiting for me when I come back. Off to purchase... :D
    I like all the annuals. Each one adds to my toolbox. Then again, I rarely use a single style when building a map. I am particularly interested in the annual that has the ship building tools. ;-)
    • CommentAuthorBarliman

Posted By: CharlesWayneRobinsonI like all the annuals. Each one adds to my toolbox. Then again, I rarely use a single style when building a map. I am particularly interested in the annual that has the ship building tools. ;-)

I'm still at the stage wherein I try to stick within a style, to learn how it's best used. I'm too much of a tyro to go mixing. :)

On the other hand, the relatively fewer symbols in the latest black and white style tempt me to try symbols from the other B&W offerings...
    I prefer the transparent set (Black only) vs the black and white symbols... Far more useful. I used them extensively on my parchment map.
    • CommentAuthorBarliman

Posted By: CharlesWayneRobinsonI prefer the transparent set (Black only) vs the black and white symbols... Far more useful. I used them extensively on my parchment map.

Which catalog are they a part of?
    • CommentAuthorJMunsonII

If you create a sheet that has a Blend Mode of Multiply, you can use the black & white symbols... White is invisible to the Multiply effect...
    Thanks JMunsonII! That gives me a lot of extra flexibility.

Barliman, I will have to look it up again and get back with you.
    • CommentAuthorBarliman
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2017

Posted By: JMunsonIIIf you create a sheet that has a Blend Mode of Multiply, you can use the black & white symbols... White is invisible to the Multiply effect...

That's what I love about this place: Someone has a handy tip for almost anything. :)
    • CommentAuthorJMunsonII
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2017

:D

Just returning all the help I get! :D
    Posted By: Barliman
    Posted By: CharlesWayneRobinsonI prefer the transparent set (Black only) vs the black and white symbols... Far more useful. I used them extensively on my parchment map.

Barliman,

It is SS1/Handrawn/Hollow
    • CommentAuthorBarliman
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2017

Posted By: CharlesWayneRobinson
    Posted By: Barliman

Barliman,

It is SS1/Handrawn/Hollow

Thanks!
    • CommentAuthorSkidAce
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2017

Just checkin'
    • CommentAuthordudeslife
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2017

and there is no joy in Whoville.
    • CommentAuthorSkidAce
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2017

...every morning...

;)
    • CommentAuthordudeslife
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2017

Posted By: SkidAce...every morning...

;)

it was inevitable that the one annual I wanted the most would be the one that takes the longest. :) be glad I didn't choose 7 or 8.. everyone would be suffering :)
    • CommentAuthorSheelon
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2017

Hi all!

Only just returning to mapping after a LONG time due to my laptop kicking the big one and going to silicon heaven.

Is there a schedule to the conversions or some list of those already done and projected timescale for those still to be done? I had only just bought the one annual I have (Annual 9) just before my laptop died and hadn't had the chance to use it much.

I appreciate the questions relates to how long a piece of string can get...but here's hoping!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2017

6 and up is already done.
    5 shouldn't be too far off
    No set schedule for the rest, but they are being worked on one by one in reverse order.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2017

The Volume 5 is now available from the registration page. Enjoy!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Great. I hope someone will take the opportunity to make some Jon Roberts style maps for the atlas.
    • CommentAuthorHadrianVI

Great! Just bought it! Can't wait to test the Jon Roberts overland style on one of the community atlas map.
    • CommentAuthorWyvern

Many thanks, Ralf - and everyone else who contributed to getting the CA Vol 5 package ready to go. Downloaded, installed & checked here! Time for a new Perspectives on things, perhaps - sorry, couldn't resist... ;)
    • CommentAuthorSkidAce

Hurray!
    • CommentAuthorShessar

Posted By: MonsenGreat. I hope someone will take the opportunity to make some Jon Roberts style maps for theatlas.

Once I'm done with the Fisher Island ruins, I'm gonna use the the JR style for a regional map somewhere. In my most humble opinion, this is one of the best styles ever released. :D
    • CommentAuthorBarliman

Posted By: RalfThe Volume 5 is now available from the registration page. Enjoy!

Excellent! I find myself intrigued by the "vertical dungeons" style. Have been ever since I saw the maps in (IIRC) Holmes Basic many, many (many) years ago.
    • CommentAuthordudeslife
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2017

woohoo. commence to treasure mappin'..

proving the old saying a watched pot never boils, yesterday, for the first time in nearly a month I did not check the forum to see if #5 had been released. I didn't see it until last night. :)
    • CommentAuthorBarliman
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2017

Posted By: dudeslifewoohoo. commence to treasure mappin'..

proving the old saying a watched pot never boils, yesterday, for the first time in nearly a month I did not check the forum to see if #5 had been released. I didn't see it until last night. :)

Please don't check for the next four days, then. I'd like #s 1-4 ASAP, please. :D
    • CommentAuthorSkidAce
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2017

Yeah, dudeslife....could you go on vacation please?
    • CommentAuthordudeslife
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2017

Sorry everyone. I've been checking for #4 every morning... I can't help myself.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Neither can I.
    • CommentAuthorSkidAce

Indeed.
    • CommentAuthorSkidAce
    • CommentTime6 days ago

..whistles innocently...
    • CommentAuthordudeslife
    • CommentTime6 days ago edited

I'm actually waiting on #3 now for the pirate map ornamentations.. so you people waiting for #4 are getting screwed because I have to check for #4 to come out BEFORE the one I want. :)