Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthordudeslife
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2017 edited

It's the first thing I do now. :)

I want Annual 5 so bad... Treasure Maps.. yummy...
    • CommentAuthorJMunsonII
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2017

I know I would ifin I had the funds to get the Annuals... <--- geeky like that...
    • CommentAuthordudeslife

Posted By: JMunsonIII know I would ifin I had the funds to get the Annuals... <--- geeky like that...

yeah, I bought CC3+ last year and I was glad that the Annuals were incompatible. Otherwise I would have been tempted to spend way too much $$ :)
    • CommentAuthorJimP

I figure Dogtag has lots of free time, so i wait and see if he noticed. :-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag

JimP suggested:I figure Dogtag has lots of free time...

•  
      CommentAuthorDogtag

(But, lately, I have been thinking about the annuals every day when I wake up.)
    • CommentAuthorBarliman

I am *really* happy the 2013 annual became available for CC3+. I've wanted to play with some of those styles for a while.

I think Dogtag should use his magic powers to get all the rest converted.
    • CommentAuthorrobotrock

So I poked around a bit to try to determine which ones have been updated, but couldn't find anything. Is there a list somewhere?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag

@Barliman: I would love to get the rest of the annuals converted. But... what magic powers?!?! Seriously, between you and JimP, do you guys know something about me that I don't?

@robotrock: Annuals 2013 – 2017  (Volumes 7 – 11) are compatible with CC3+ so far.
    • CommentAuthorBarliman

Dogtag: We have faith in you! :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag

LOL! I am so confused.

I'm honored, but confused. Not sure what I might've done to earn that, but thank you.

(EDIT: Coincidentally, however, I am working on the Annual conversions for ProFantasy.)
    • CommentAuthordudeslife
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2017

Posted By: DogtagL

(EDIT: Coincidentally, however, Iamworking on the Annual conversions for ProFantasy.)

Ok, repeat after me... #5... #5... #5 :)
    • CommentAuthorSkidAce

Yeah, I vote for #5.

Sadly for me, the ones I want the most are vol 1-7 (2007-13). I stopped getting them after that cause I had defined my style for my campaign world by then.

I guess I can try to convert them manually...
    • CommentAuthorJimP

Since i have several web sites, including a pastfuturemars, I use some of the new Annuals.

I look forward to an Annual that helps me with SPACE: 1889 ! Victorian age aether ships, etc.
    • CommentAuthorJMunsonII

Posted By: JimPI look forward to an Annual that helps me with SPACE: 1889 ! Victorian age aether ships, etc.

Now that could be fun to draw... quite complicated though considering the Victorian age was all about lots of decoration, gingerbreading, and scrollwork...
    • CommentAuthorJimP

Well, I think the decorations can be left off. I just need basic ships.
    • CommentAuthorJMunsonII

Would you be looking for "hand-drawn" (Schley-like), or photo-real, or something else?
    • CommentAuthorJimP

Just some symbols. Basic deck plans.

I had forgotten I recently bought the pdf of the game, and a ships book, from drivethru. I can trace those and make some drawings, or symbols. I can use bullzip printer to print a page to png and then import for tracing ni CC3/CC3+.

Of course, if you want to make some go right ahead. I will post them on my site under 'hosted for others' and use them on my pastfuturemars site as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMedio

I was really happy the 2013 Annual was converted. I already did my DeRust conversion but it failed in some minor ways. Now with the official patch everything goes right.

Hoping for the countdown to go on... welcome soon, 2012 Annual! :)
    • CommentAuthorJMunsonII
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2017 edited

@JimP - I'll add that to my list of projects to tackle. :)
    • CommentAuthorJimP

Thank you. No rush.
    • CommentAuthordudeslife
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2017 edited

That disappointing feeling when you wake up Christmas morning, run downstairs, and look under the Christmas tree for Annual #5 for CC3+ and it's not there yet. ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag

Converting annuals ain't like dusting crops, dude!

Heh heh. But I'm working on it. Working on Volume 5 right now, actually. Just remember, after I'm done with the conversion, it still has to get reviewed, tested, and possibly tweaked. Plus Volume 5 also contains additional programming code, on top of the mapping content. That may need work from the dev team.
    • CommentAuthorJMunsonII

Posted By: DogtagConverting annuals ain't like dusting crops, dude!

Bwahahaha!!! Han "Dogtag" Solo! :D
    • CommentAuthordudeslife

Posted By: DogtagConverting annuals ain't like dusting crops, dude!

my feelings in another movie reference: "KHAAAAAAAANNNNNNN!!!!!!!"

hahahaha!! thanks for your work though!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag

If you're in a real hurry to get an issue, like the Treasure Maps style, you can convert it yourself. Check out Quenten's recent post. He consolidated the instructions from a couple of different forum posts. You might still miss a thing or two but you'll have something functional till the official version comes out.
    • CommentAuthordudeslife
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2017

Posted By: DogtagIf you're in a real hurry to get an issue, like the Treasure Maps style, you can convert it yourself. Check out Quenten'srecent post. He consolidated the instructions from a couple of different forum posts. You might still miss a thing or two but you'll have something functional till the official version comes out.

looks like conversion first requires CC3 to be installed (I don't). as bad as I want #5 I'd rather wait for a real conversion. I'm afraid the experience would be like watching a cam recorded movie instead of watching it at the theater. :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2017

LOL. Yeah, you need the annual installed under CC3 so you have the files to move, or you need the original setup file for the individual issue, which you can open like a ZIP file to copy the files out.
    • CommentAuthorzaleksf
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2017

Me!

I'm REALLY looking forward to the older annuals being converted to CC3+. Converting either #5 or #6 next would be great.

Thanks for all your hard work!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag

The annuals are getting converted in reverse order (Vol 7, then 6, then 5, etc.). :-D
    • CommentAuthorBarliman

Posted By: DogtagThe annuals are getting converted in reverse order (Vol 7, then 6, then 5, etc.).:-D

And Mercator is in Annual 1... (falls down weeping) ;-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Posted By: BarlimanAnd Mercator is in Annual 1... (falls down weeping) ;-)
    Mercator is probably still my favorite annual. I don't really use it much, but I love how it looks.
    • CommentAuthorJMunsonII

Wish I could help. I don't own the Annuals so can't convert them... :/
    • CommentAuthorWyvern
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2017

Mercator was the reason I bought the first Annual. It taught me a lot about how to use (then - and still, of course) CC3, because it uses features like multiple sheets for the symbols, and has those wonderful centre-faded-out land area colour options, not to mention using the Trace command for the coastal edges of land zones. I could go on, but won't... :D
    • CommentAuthorShessar
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2017

My world is done as an interactive atlas and the Merctor style is the one I used for the world map. It's definitely one of my favorite styles.

There are so many wonderful styles in the annuals that it is difficult at times deciding which to use for a map.
    • CommentAuthorJimP

I was using image map links on my Traveller site because it is going to be huge, then I realized I should do the same for Crestar. I still have navigation menus though.
    • CommentAuthorBarliman

Posted By: ShessarThere are so many wonderful styles in the annuals that it is difficult at times deciding which to use for a map.

That is very much the truth. :)
    • CommentAuthordudeslife
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2017

Ok, it's been a few days now.. are you guys slacking?!? :)
    • CommentAuthorsuntzu
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2017

wake up another one popped up
    • CommentAuthordudeslife

Posted By: suntzuwake up another one popped up

what? where? I didn't see it announced it here
    • CommentAuthorJimP

I don't see one on my registration page.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag

Yeah, it hasn't been released quite yet. It's in testing, though, so hopefully soon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2017

Like Shessar, my world of Myirandios is based on Mercator style (loosely) and it too is an interactive atlas. I will post these when I am happy with the end result. I am doing the regional maps in Mike Schley style, which I like a lot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf

The Annual Vol 6 (2012) is now available for CC3+ on the registration page. You'll need to install the latest update for CC3+ first (CC3+ Update 10), which is also new. Enjoy, and let me know if you encounter any problems. Thanks to Dogtag for doing the heavy lifting on the updating process!
    • CommentAuthorHadrianVI

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :)
    • CommentAuthordudeslife

woohoo! one step closer to #5. thanks for your hard work!
    • CommentAuthorShessar

Also check out the ability to cut and paste Sheet Effects. :-D
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag

Yeah, that's awesome, though to be clear, that's part of Update 10, not the annual. ;-)
    • CommentAuthorWyvern

Many thanks, and well done, to all involved in getting another Annual volume ready for CC3+ so quickly. HW on CC3+ now no less! Not sure I can cope :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2017 edited

D'oh! Have you been waiting for HW? It was folded into the CC3+ installation a while ago, back with Update 4, no Annual required!