Viewing nodes for objects such as terrain and moving them

Hello all,

I have been doing a lot of watching tutorials and reading guides, but I am sure I will still end up asking a lot of noob questions.

I placed some scrub land terrain down and then some forest next to it.

Unfortunately i made their boarder too straight in one section and it looks off (I'm getting pretty good with effects so I'm not looking for an effect answer here).

What i want to do is to be able to see the actual nodes of a terrain object and be able to re-position them. Is this possible?

Thanks and sorry for the noob question.

Kind regards,

Jason

Comments

• DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited February 2017
    Press Ctrl+F to toggle frames on and off. Alternatively, select Tools>Drawing Aids>Toggle Frames from the menu. Frames will display the actual straight line outline for smooth entities.

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited February 2017
    For smooth objects, you can turn on frames (Tools -> Drawing Aids -> Toggle Frames, Ctrl +F), this will show the straight outline of a smooth entity. The nodes are wherever the lines make a turn.
    For straight entities (including fractal lines), the nodes are always exactly at the point where the line changes direction (note that for a wide line, this point is always in the center of the line. If you have trouble picking the nodes, making the pick cursor larger will help (tools -> options -> pick cursor aperture).

To re-position nodes, use the node edit command (left toolbars)

Note that there is a node manipulation tutorial in the Edit chapter of the manual.

Edit: Ninjaed by Dogtag :)
  • Thanks Guys, I was using the Edit Node Tool, but had to guess where the nodes were, and was causing myself lots of work.

This helped a ton, not sure why I missed the Ctrl +F in the manual, I better RTFM more, and will revisit the node portion of the edit chapter.

Appreciated.

Jason