Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2018

Some more maps from Jerry Thiel, this time a great wizard's tower. Thanks for the contribution.

Wizard's Tower (Multiple levels, click stairs to navigate)
    Pharios and Goudia Isles

We are now up to 195 maps in the atlas. 200 is right around the corner.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2018

Another map from Jerry Thiel, this time a great drow outpost.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2018

Is anyone, besides me, going to make any dungeons ? I know about the huge area underground... but I don't think of that as a dungeon.

My style of dungen making shouldn't be the only type of dungeon represented in the Atlas. They don't have to be Perspectives.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

I certainly hope so. There are room for so many dungeons in the atlas, so I would love to see more of them. Love your perspective ones, but as you say, it is nice with variety. There are a handfull of dungeons besides yours though Jim, although nothing as expansive as your lost mines.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

I believe I did one for under Helinesa.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

I think we are all gravitating towards the things we are most familiar with doing, and that way subconsciously filling the atlas with a unique style that is the shared style of the community. And this is good, because you can see in each map that the maker really enjoyed the making of it.

Anyway, I like your dungeons Jim!
    • CommentAuthorJosh.P.
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2018

I'll clean this up and get it submitted. This was the first dungeon I ever created in CC3+.

https://i.imgur.com/mdOuU3n.jpg
    • CommentAuthorShessar

Posted By: LoopysueI think we are all gravitating towards the things we are most familiar with doing, and that way subconsciously filling the atlas with a unique style that is the shared style of the community. And this is good, because you can see in each map that the maker really enjoyed the making of it.

Anyway, I like your dungeons Jim!

Well said Sue. I think if someone showed me one of our maps without telling me who made it, I would now easily be able to guess who the mapper is. We each have our own style but we're blending together to create a world project that is turning out to be something amazing.
    • CommentAuthorGThiel

Something I'll be submitting to the Atlas and to the Realm Works Artemisia project when Josh P tells me where it will be going in his Lampoteuo City. This is the Ludus or Gladiator Training Center used to prepare fighters for the gladiatorial combats.
      Ludus Ground.JPG
    • CommentAuthorGThiel

Upper floor
      Ludus First.JPG
    • CommentAuthorGrimmric
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2018 edited

I have an inn located somewhere in a city.
    The inn has three floors and a basement.
    On the first floor its an inn, stable and a shop with a warehouse and some living quarters.
    Floor two is rooms for rent, loft on stable, second floor for the owner and an attic for the shop.
    Floor three is just the highest part on the warehouse.
    Then theres a basement with the owners vault.
    The building in the upper right corner is not included in the inn. Thats why its only black or a roof.

And do you want me to add numbers and info on what the funktion are for rooms? Like shop, stable, living quarter for owner and cooks and stablehands and so on?

I have included low res pictures so someone responsible can tell me if its interesting to add.
    And where to send my files.
      The Green Arrow Inn_Basement compressed.JPG
    • CommentAuthorGrimmric
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2018 edited

First floor
      The Green Arrow Inn_Floor 1 compressed.JPG
    • CommentAuthorGrimmric
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2018

Second floor
      The Green Arrow Inn_Floor 2 compressed.JPG
    • CommentAuthorGrimmric

Third floor
      The Green Arrow Inn_Floor 3 compressed.JPG
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Posted By: GrimmricI have included low res pictures so someone responsible can tell me if its interesting to add. And where to send my files.
    As long as it follows the basic rules of the atlas (mainly that it only uses fills/symbols from official ProFantasy CC3+ add-ons and/or the four community art packs listed int he interesting topics sticky), it is definitely interesting to add.
    You can send the files to me (either mail monsen@monsen.cc or attach them to a forum post/whisper).
    Remember to include the basic information found in the 'Detailed Submission Guidelines' entry in the FAQ.

I'll also need you to identify a location in the atlas for this building. I am guessing the most appropriate location is a building in one of the cities, so just find a building that looks appropriate (don't worry too much if it is not the exact same shape)
    • CommentAuthorGrimmric

I will read all the info, clean up the files and see if i can find a place.
    Thank you for your quick answer.
    • CommentAuthorScottA

Somehow my post ended up being a whisper? Let's try it again! I'd like to reserve the red boxed area of Alarius, please. I checked the map and chose the spot so it butts up to two other reserved areas.
      Alarius reserve.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2018 edited

Sure. It is yours.

Just remember that Alarius is a huge continent, so that is actually quite a huge chunk of land, roughly the size of the country of France (I find the comparison to real-world countries helpful to figure out what kind of detail level the map can include). Just mentioning it, because it is easy to misinterpret the scale of these continents when looking at it.
    • CommentAuthorScottA
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2018

Posted By: MonsenSure. It is yours.

Just remember that Alarius is a huge continent, so that is actually quite a huge chunk of land, roughly the size of the country of France (I find the comparison to real-world countries helpful to figure out what kind of detail level the map can include). Just mentioning it, because it is easy to misinterpret the scale of these continents when looking at it.

Yes. I did two other sections of Alarius. So I'll do a little village as a hot spot inside this area and put my mill there. Problem solved, I think.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

True, you did. I've long ago lost control over who did what, too many maps to keep straight in my head. Fortunately, the mapper name is embedded in every map file.
    • CommentAuthorScottA

LOL!
    • CommentAuthorLadieStorm
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2018

I will probably make a couple of dungeons... plus maybe a village, or city or two... and a region... and possibly an island or two, if I can find any that haven't been done yet.

Remy, there are two tiny islands just off the East coast of Berenur, near Aram Wyr. If they aren't claimed already, could I start with those?

I'd also like the southeast mountain range in Malajuri, if they aren't claimed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Posted By: LadieStormRemy, there are two tiny islands just off the East coast of Berenur, near Aram Wyr. If they aren't claimed already, could I start with those?
    I assume you mean the west coast? If so, sure, they are yours.
    Just one note, since you call them tiny islands. They may be tiny compared to the continent next to them, but they are large enough to show up on a continent-scale map, so they are pretty large as far as islands go. The largest of the two is about the same size as the state of Maryland.

I'd also like the southeast mountain range in Malajuri, if they aren't claimed.
    Sure. They're all yours.
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2018

oh, no... I get that. And Thanks Remy :)
    • CommentAuthorkevbeck43
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2018

This atlas is awesome. I want to be a small part of it.

There is a little town on the continent of Alarius in the Southwest region of the Southern Scar just east of the Briar Veld that is calling me. It is called Kir's Well and there is something there I need to find. :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2018

Great, it is yours.
    • CommentAuthorkevbeck43
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2018 edited

Sorry, I moved the post to the correct area for submissions.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2018

Hi, Remy, can I reserve the city of Torstan in Ruma Helrevy on the continent of Peredur.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2018

Sure Quenten, it is yours.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

So, while I was away on vacation, people submitted a bunch of maps. Thanks everyone for contributing all these great maps.

All the maps I have received up till now have been processed and included in the atlas. If I left anyone out, please notify me, I am not intending to exclude anyone, but it was a big pile of map all at once, so a map may have slipped through the cracks. If you have previously submitted a map to me, and it is not in the atlas after this, let me know and we'll get it sorted.

Quenten
    - Khelaphet
    - Poncegrafs Manor House
    - Themisia

Jerry Thiel
    - Sundries (Cellar)
    - Custom House (1st Floor) (2nd Floor) (Roof)

Scott A
    - Dream Lake
    - Huntman's Green

Just a note about naming your maps/files. The web version of the atlas uses the filename as a key to look up the correct map, so these needs to be unique. So please try to avoid too generic names. If you make a tavern called the "Wild Horse Tavern", use that for the filename too, and not something generic like just tavern.fcw.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

You guys have been busy!

Well done :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2018

May I have the town of Vertshusen, in the Dunor Region on Ezrute reserved please? I will morph my map of Thredeov in my myirandios setting to that site for the Atlas - so 1 map for 2 worlds.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Sure thing.

Did you know that "Vertshus" is the Norwegian word for "Inn". I am betting this place was an important stop for travelers going somewhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

That will be useful to add flavour - thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2018

Two more maps added to the atlas. Thanks for contributing.

Lampoteou City Noble & City District by Josh Plunkett
    The Serapeum of the Majernus by Jerry Thiel
    We have MANY great maps here!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2018

•  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2018

•  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

OMG - Jerry needs to set up a construction company in Artemisia.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Remy, the links for the last 3 on Jerry's list above just lead to the World map, and there is no hotspot on Khelaphet for those maps. There is on the FCW, but not on the browsable images. Just letting you know so you can fix it with the next update.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2018

Thanks. Fixed now.
    • CommentAuthorJosh.P.
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2018

Jeezus Jerry... what are they putting in your water
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

I have come to the conclusion that Jerry is actually a full time pro cartographer, and has been for the last couple of decades. You know - the people who can turn out a map just by blinking at the screen... a bit like Lorelei :P
    • CommentAuthorJimP

I mostly produce game maps... his are much better than mine and apparently as fast as i am.
    • CommentAuthorGThiel

Thank you for all the compliments. Being retired I've the time to play that all you whipper-snappers don't :-)

I've been mapping, first with pencil and grid paper, colored pencils and hex paper, and later Dundjinni for the last 40 years. I tried CC1 many years ago, but couldn't get a handle on how it worked. I picked up CC3+ last November and found that this time around, tho with many mistakes and horrible things, it made more sense.

All of the good maps posted as part of the Atlas has given me the courage to actually try and post some of mine here, and I guess I've gotten carried away.
    • CommentAuthorJimP

I'm retired and should have plenty of time... but my siblings keep telling me that since I don't work anymore, I have free time to help them.

And to keep this on track, I'm thinking about which next Atlas map I'll be working on.
    • CommentAuthorGThiel
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2018 edited

I've another building almost finished for Quenten's city of Stromphe on Artemisia, just got to recheck everything to make sure that I am "happy" with it
      Capture2.JPG
      Capture a.JPG
      Capture b.JPG
      Capture c.JPG
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Looks great Jerry. love what you are doing for Stromphe.