What Annual or Add-on is this from?

Does anyone know what annual or add-on is this from?
UL.jpg 83.5K

Comments

• DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited February 2017
    I'm afraid I'm pretty sure that's not from a ProFantasy annual or add-on. If it was done with CC3 at all, which I doubt, then it was likely done with custom or third-party content.

Pretty cool, though.
  • Posted By: DogtagI'm afraid I'm pretty sure that's not from a ProFantasy annual or add-on. If it was done with CC3 at all, which I doubt, then it was likely done with custom or third-party content.

Pretty cool, though.
    yeah I thought it looked cool also.
    edited February 2017
    That said, you could still make a map like that with CC3 (and DD3 would be helpful), but it would take some work. Much more than it would if it was an Annual style.
  • MedioMedio Surveyor
    That´s clearly a drawn map. Not CC related.
  • The Elven Tower website maps are all hand-drawn, I think (sometimes latterly with computer-generated labelling). The guy that runs the site sells high-res copies via Patreon. Interesting looking through his work and seeing how his style has developed over the last couple of years, certainly.
  • A couple of the styles on his website look familiar so I thought he was using CC3.

I like the colors and the rough, imprecise, earthy texture of that map. I wish I could duplicate in in CC3 :)
    edited February 2017
    dudeslife wrote:I like the colors and the rough, imprecise, earthy texture of that map. I wish I could duplicate in in CC3 :)
    Do you mean the background? That looks like a parchment-type bitmap or bitmap fill. You may want to look through some of the fill style options in CC3. I'm pretty sure there are some like it. If you don't find one you like, you can easily find something similar online and import it into CC3+. As always, with imported content, just be sure to honor the license associated with it, if any.

You can recreate the "rough" colors of the symbols and other fills by putting a slight transparency on your sheets. The parchment background will show through a little and give the symbol and fill colors that imprecise look.

~Dogtag