Tips on recreating some effects

Hi all.

Attached to this post is a sample section of a map from the Curse of Strahd map pack, which I purchased from the website of the very talented Mike Schley. I believe posting this sample image falls under Fair Use, as I'm using it as an example to illustrate questions I have for the community.

I am expanding this area for my CoS campaign, and would like to approximate this mapping style. Of particular interest to me is recreating the walls, which are more or less straight to conform to the 5' x 5' battlemap-type grid, but have a rough-hewn appearance.

Of secondary interest is the background, which has a cracked earth type of appearance to it.

Would anyone be able to provide any tips on approximating this style in CC3 or CC3+?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

CNYGamer

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Try using a fractal path with a high depth (8-ish), and a very low strength, and add a bevel effect.

The appearance of the background could be optimized by using semi-transparent fractal lines and possible some highly transparent polygons to introduce some color variation.