I installed 2015 Annual in CC3+.. now what? Where is it?

Hi Everyone,
I installed the 2015 Annual into my CC3+ (wineskin on Mac), the install went fine. However, I cannot find any evidence of the Annual being installed. No additional buttons that I can find. Wasn't I supposed to get some pdfs also? What am I missing here? Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Check here:

C:\ProgramData\Profantasy\CC3Plus\Annual
  • Posted By: daplunkCheck here:

C:\ProgramData\Profantasy\CC3Plus\Annual
    I don't even have that ProgramData directory.

I have C:\Program Files\Profantasy\CC3Plus but there is no Annual directory. :(
  • Ok, in case anyone else using Wineskin/Mac is wondering, its here:

C:\users\Public\Application Data\CC3Plus\Annual
  • Update:

Following the PDF, I still get none of the 319 new symbols that OSR Dungeon Map issue promises. :(

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • Not sure what happened. I did not have any issues when I downloaded it in 2015. Once you purchase it, it remains on your online account. As such, I would suggest reinstalling it. In addition, they have a CC3 version and a CC3+ version. Make sure you grab the correct file.
  • Have you started a new map with the style associated with the symbols?
  • Posted By: daplunkHave you started a new map with the style associated with the symbols?
    Yes I am able to start a new map with the OSR dungeon but no symbols appear and there are no new 11 catalogs. It's just same ones from DD3. If I start a map with the OTHER months of the Annual, everything is fine. The issue is with the OSR map.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Seems to be a bug with the catalog settings for that issue. You can open catalogs manually from @Symbols\Dungeons\Annual OSR Dungeon
  • Posted By: MonsenSeems to be a bug with the catalog settings for that issue. You can open catalogs manually from @Symbols\Dungeons\Annual OSR Dungeon
    Yes, the workaround I found was manually opening the .FSC files which populates the symbol cels on the left. Just an extra irritating step. :)
  • caveCrawlercaveCrawler Traveler
    edited February 2017
    Now I am getting some error CC3+ does not understand the command 'houseload' when trying to do a Par Lindstrom B/W Cities map. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing solves the issues. :(
    That command comes from CD3. As mentioned in the mapping guide, this annual works best when you have CD3 (because of the extra tools it provides). If you use it without CD3, you can safely ignore these errors. To prevent them each time you open the map, you can open up the OnOpenMacro map note, and remove that line (and probably the streetload one too) from the macro.
  • Posted By: MonsenThat command comes from CD3. As mentioned in the mapping guide, this annual works best when you have CD3 (because of the extra tools it provides). If you use it without CD3, you can safely ignore these errors. To prevent them each time you open the map, you can open up the OnOpenMacro map note, and remove that line (and probably the streetload one too) from the macro.
    Thanks for the reply. The main reason I purchased was for the OSR dungeons and battlemaps and I just can't get them to work correctly. Even if I open the sample .FCW map from the menu, I get a disaster looking map with big [x]'s all over it. It's kind of spoiling my CC3 enjoyment. I may not be ready for the Annuals yet.
    All the example maps (Except perhaps the warehouse) from the Deluxe Battlemaps issue combines elements from both DD3 and SS2, and won't be visible unless you have both. You can still use this issue without thoe two products, you just can't view the example maps. (They are included in image and pdf formats so you can see them though). The focus on that issue is to combine multiple styles to make better maps.
  • Posted By: MonsenAll the example maps (Except perhaps the warehouse) from the Deluxe Battlemaps issue combines elements from both DD3 and SS2, and won't be visible unless you have both. You can still use this issue without thoe two products, you just can't view the example maps. (They are included in image and pdf formats so you can see them though). The focus on that issue is to combine multiple styles to make better maps.
    Ok thanks for all of your help. I only have DD3 and SS4 so probably the Annuals are not for me (yet).
    You're welcome.

Most of the annuals are product-independent though, but provide extra advantages if you have the related products. Generally, if you use an annual without the associated add-on, you will need to do more manual work, a few examples may not display, but they are still usable.
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    Posted By: MonsenSeems to be a bug with the catalog settings for that issue. You can open catalogs manually from @Symbols\Dungeons\Annual OSR Dungeon
    Do you have trouble with that issue too (CA97)? I created a quick test map and everything seemed to work properly.
    Yes. All the symbol catalog settings use the CC3 #-reference instead of the CC3+ @-reference, so the symbol catalog settings doesn't work. You have to load catalogs manually. Happens on all my installs, but I haven't checked if there is an updated download online, but since dudeslife also saw this, I assume not.
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    Hmm. Mine use the @ symbol. I'll have to check the dates on the files. I'm pretty sure (but not positive) that I didn't manually change anything for this issue.
  • JimPJimP 🖼️ 280 images Cartographer
    edited February 2017
    ProgramData is typically a hidden folder under Windows.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    The CA97 symbol catalog settings had indeed the wrong reference in the setup files. Not sure how that happened. I've attached a fixed version (unzip into ProgramData\Profantasy\CC3Plus\System\Symbol Catalog Settings\ and overwrite existing files) and will also be updating the setup files to fix this.
  • caveCrawlercaveCrawler Traveler
    edited February 2017
    Another of my issues was the menu command Tools > Add-Ons > Annual did not work. Nothing happened. This was adding to my confusion.
    edited February 2017
    That might be because you are running it under Wine. That menu option brings up an html file for that volumne, with the links to the documentation (same page that should pop up on initial install), but calls to outside programs doesn't always work under wine because the way things are set up/isolated.
  • Posted By: MonsenThat might be because you are running it under Wine. That menu option brings up an html file for that volumne, with the links to the documentation (same page that should pop up on initial install), but calls to outside programs doesn't always work under wine because the way things are set up/isolated.
    I should just go back to Windows. :)
    I know ProFantasy do put some effort into making CC3(+) actually work with wine, even though it is not a supported platform. Unfortunately there will always be some difficulties and workaround requires. This last one is simple to work around, simply open up @DOCUMENTATION/ANNUAL/HTML15/CONTENT/links.html in a web browser on your computer (The @-sign refers to the CC3+ data directory, i don't have an idea of what it would be when referencing it from outside wine, but you can get to it).
    But it will probably always be some workarounds needed from time to time.
  • Posted By: MonsenI know ProFantasy do put some effort into making CC3(+) actually work with wine, even though it is not a supported platform. Unfortunately there will always be some difficulties and workaround requires. This last one is simple to work around, simply open up @DOCUMENTATION/ANNUAL/HTML15/CONTENT/links.html in a web browser on your computer (The @-sign refers to the CC3+ data directory, i don't have an idea of what it would be when referencing it from outside wine, but you can get to it).
    But it will probably always be some workarounds needed from time to time.
    yes, the CC3+, DD3, SS4 combo I have been using has performed flawlessly under wine.
  • Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Traveler
    edited February 2017
    Ralf, can you post when you get the setup files updated too?
    This is a CC3+ only bug (The exact bug is that it still used the old CC3 path identifiers (# instead of @), which is expected behavior in CC3).
  • Thanks Monsen, I just edited my post.
  • 20 days later
  • Ok I am still having a bit of an issue with CA97.

I draw rooms and corridors and do the hatching around it and it works great. Hatching is UNDER the rooms/corridors. Caves are another story however. I cannot get the hatching below the caves under any circumstances. I am trying to use caves with a 10' grid filler if that makes any difference. The walls of the caves are a no-show so I use Trace to get the cave properly outlined but the hatching is ruining it. What could I be doing wrong? Thanks for any help.