Adding a bitmap tile to a section

Greetings!

I've taken copies of two of the Schley PNGs, Water Blue 5, and shifted the color a bit to make 'bloody water.' Now, I want to have that show up in the choices for texture. I've added the two files back to the appropriate folder, however, CC3+ doesn't pick them up. Is there a list somewhere that needs to be appropriately extended? Or, how does one add textures to an existing pack if that's the really wrong way to go about it?

Thanks!

Jon

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited February 2017
    To add fill style references to the map, either go to Tools -> import bitmap fill styles to import all bitmap files in a folder (note that this can also automatically create the four different resolutions for you if you didn't already do that manually), or you can open the fill style dialog, go to the bitmap files tab and hit New, then define the properties for your new fill style, including the path to your image (Use relative paths using the @-identifier, that makes everything more portable [see the existing file style paths for examples])

I'll generally advice you to keep your custom bitmaps in a separate folder though, and not copy it in with the other ones, this makes it a bit easier to manage your custom stuff.
  • Thanks - got that sorted... The Symbols were a bit tricky - found to where they got cataloged though. :)