Text

how can I wrap my text into a circle before placing it on a surface in Dungeon Designer 3?

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Make an arc that is very nearly a full circle by placing the end points really close together then placing the mid point some way away from them, then use 'draw text on line' from the menu?
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited February 2017
    You can use a circle, if you want. You don't need to use an arc. Draw the curve you want to use (circle, arc, wavy or angled path, etc.) and then select Draw>Text along a curve from the menu and follow the prompts in the command line. The online help is also useful, if needed.

Once placed the text is "exploded" into separate letters and angled and spaced to fit the length of the curve, from start point to end point, so it may take some trial and error to determine the size you like. If you draw a long curve but use small letters, they will be spaced far apart to fill the distance. Large letters may be placed close together. If placing text in a circle, I highly recommend including a space or two after the last character to ensure there is space between the end of the text and the start.

The "exploded" text is automatically grouped so you can select the base of the text to select it all. This works for most things, like moving and rotating and changing properties, but to edit the text (to change the letters, for example), you'll need to use the Edit>Edit Text command from the menu. When you select the text and then click Do It the command will present each individual letter, one at a time, for editing.

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag