Width of entities using "hollow" fill style

In the Modern City style, I use a drawtool that creates rectangular boxes that proceed in a line to show where underground rail tunnels are. However, there is an issue - as you can see in the below image, the boxes are VERY faint. To the point where they are hard to see. Even if I add an outline to the boxes, it's all still too faint (you can see this in the lowest of the three faint box lines).

Note that you'll need to click on the thumbnail to see the full-res version - the rail line boxes may be SO faint as to be completely invisible in the thumbnail!

So, what I want to know is: is there some way to increase the thickness and/or boldness of these lines? Changing the "line width" of the entities after they are created simply makes the boxes themselves bigger. I was wondering if there was a way to do this at the source, and create a fill style that is essentially the same as the regular "Hollow" fill style, but with thicker, darker/bolder lines. Is there any way to accomplish this?

Comments

• Hi Saito S.

I looks like your drawtool is just a line with a dotted line style, so changing the line width in fact changes the width of the global entity, not of each box.

You can create a box symbol and use the Symbol along tool to place them on your existing lines. That way you'll be able to control the width of the boxes lines by editing the symbol.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Are those lines black as they are supposed to? I just had a weird bug happening when I tried out that tool, the tool was set to draw in black, but they were still drawn in current color, which depending on the current color, could make them appear much to light against the background.