FT3 export multiple files question

So I have gotten a FT3 world map that I would like to move over to CC3+ but when I export multiple files it's a little vague on where the breaks are. Is there a way to show the grid on CC3 where the links to the next map down are located? Not all of them because that would be crazy, but when you are choosing levels in FT you can pick 2x2 etc. Is there a way to show that in CC3+?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    You can use View -> Show hyperlinks. This shows the border around the link area (The lines may overlap with the grid lines if you have a grid, so you m ay wish to hide the grid)
  • I have sometimes gotten links in those that go to the wrong map. I haven't exported multiple maps fron one ft3 map in years so I don't know if it has been fixed or not. Mine was with larger grid areas than 2x2.
  • 6 days later
  • Monsen, thanks!

Next question, I would like to use the textures for CC3+ land and water, as if I had generated a new map in CC3+ but use them on my FT3 map. Do I need to do this in FT3 or is there some kind of fill function I am missing? Once I have that set up I feel like I can start working in CC3+
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    You can just use change properties on the entities from FT to change the fill on them. Do note however, that the ,map style for the export from FT is probably not in the map style you'd like, so i usually create a new map in CC3+ the same size as the FT export, and then copy over the coastlines. Then you can use change properties to change the fill, or use change like draw tool to change the entity to look like it was drawn using the selected draw tool in CC3+