New map has X instead of pattern

I have followed the instructions of every install for all the mods of CC3+. However, every time I try to start a new map using pre-defined templates, I get this image:

Everything is installed in the default location. How do I fix this? It's on an up-to-date current release version of Windows 10
xxx.png 266.2K

Comments

• suntzusuntzu Betatester Traveler
    edited January 2017
    just found i had the same problem and had to find those files from another installation of CC3+ , check that you have a directory "/ProgramData/Profantasy/CC3Plus/Bitmaps/Tiles/Digital" in there should be a directory called "Overland" which contains all the background png files which are linked to the templates , you may have other directories in the digital directory depending on the add ons you have installed

apologies for the "/" but i am on a mac

also check the templates folder /ProgramData/Profantasy/CC3Plus/Templates , i found that a few template names were proceeded by a "._" in their respective name

just changed the directory list to make it more user friendly , for me it is "Application Data/Profantasy/CC3Plus"

Rob
  • I reinstalled and got the same crappy X. So I'm trying to download the base install to see if it might be my install file being corrupted.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    I noticed all the problematic templates in your screenshot is from the Vintyri Cartographic Collection. Did you unzip the zips with the fill styles and symbols into the correct location after running the setup file?
    A very common problem when unzipping files is that many programs make an extra directory named the same thing as the zip archive itself, and puts everything else within that directory. Generally, if you have a directory called "vss_ft_4_2_fill_styles" inside your CC3Plus data directory (c:\programdata\ProFantasy\CC3Plus), this is what happened.
    Also make sure you extracted the files to c:\programdata\Profantasy\CC3Plus and NOT c:\Program files (x86)\ProFantasy\CC3Plus or c:\Program files\ProFantasy\CC3Plus.

The red X'es means that the image file required could not be found at the correct path, which is usually caused by either forgetting to unzip one of the zip files, or accidentally ending up with an extra directory level.
  • I'm uninstalling again. I'm going to install and check each install before moving to the next. I'm also going to copy the tiles and all the icons, just like the menu's are suggested when doing one of the installs. I'm going to back it all up....
  • tried to do new install, ended up getting CC3+ installed. Was able to see the map-backgrounds. Then I installed the character mod and started it up. Clicked the new map icon, selected predefined and all I could see were the squares for the map type filled with black backgrounds.

Q. after installing CC3PlusSetup.exe, should I install CC3PlusUpdate9.exe directly? or wait.
    Q. When I install CA3SetupForCC3Plus.exe, should I run CA3SetupForCC3Plus.msi first? or after the .exe file?
  • You must install the CC3PlusUpdate9.exe before installing Character for CC3Plus, as the latter requires it.
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    @Phobus: Ignore the .MSI file. Right-click the .EXE file and select "Run as administrator" from the pop-up menu. It's highly recommended to install all ProFantasy software using that right-click method.

Once you've installed CC3+ and all the add-ons (in any order) then run Update 9 (also use the right-click method).

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag