Floors in CC3+

Hello all, I am new to using CC3+ so i apologize in advance if this is a foolish question...

When I make a map with multiple floors in CC3+, there is a huge box in the bottom left corner that is used to switch between the maps for each floor. This box is huge, and blocks my view of everything under it. Is there any way to shut this box off?

Thank you!

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    You could do away with the box altogether (ie delete it, while being careful not to delete the hyperlinks at the same time), and just leave the linking words in there so that you can get easily between floors, or you could move it to its own sheet below the hyperlinked text (just to separate it from the text) and make it mostly transparent with a Transparency sheet effect.

There are lots of other things you can do, but remember that the hyperlinks are not exported into the bitmap and are only really useful while you are working on the map (unless you reinstate them by hand on the bitmap once you are done, but you would need something like Corel Photopaint or PS to do something like that.
  • Thanks! Your advice is helpful as it reminds me that everything is on a sheet and can be manipulated in the same way. Noob mistake!

I read over a few posts on floors and have decided that it will probably just be easier to do separate maps for each of my floors. Besides, my "floors" are actually going to be an underworld map and an ocean floor map, so making different maps makes sense.
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited January 2017
    You can also move the box and it's contents off the map and onto the white area outside the map border. That way you keep easy access to the links that open the other maps while you're working on them.