Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2017 edited

Hi everyone, I have changed my username from qwalker to my real first name, Quenten. Hopefully a picture will also appear. If it doesn't, can you let me know how to do this. I have reduced the size to 210x200 pixels, and put it on my facebook, with the link from there. It doesn't seem to appear.
    This is the picture.
      Q small.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

There are two problems with your image in the profile.
    1. Unfortunately, the profile doesn't support https links, they need to be http.
    2. Secondly, that link of yours is to a page on facebook holding the image, not a direct link to the image itself. The link must be directly to the actual image. (I am not sure if Facebook even allows embedding of images hosted at their platform?)

I think you should be able to link to the image attached in your post above though (URL is http://forum.profantasy.com/extensions/InlineImages/image.php?AttachmentID=7431, just make sure to never delete that attachment if you do)
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

I think this works now.
    Er, no it isn't
    Let's see if this does it. The bigger pic did get loaded onto my account page, though.
      Q very small.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Seems to work fine as far as I can see, your picture appears in your profile.

If you want a small image in your post, like my dragon, you need to provide a picture url under the 'icon' setting. That should be a 32x32 pixel image, and you should be able to do the same trick by uploding it here, and use the url of the attachment.

Edit: I see you got that fixed now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2017

I have just done thaat and presto, it works! Thanks, Monsen
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

You're welcome.

Do note that the small image can be difficult to interpret unless you have already seen the larger one. Since they are two independent images, you could crop the icon one closer to your head if you wish. Just a suggestion though, it is up to you what you prefer.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

I've just got to say this...

You are not how I imagined you at all, Quenten!

Isn't it strange the mental images we draw of each other, based on an avatar name :)

Oh yes - and don't worry, you look a lot better than I thought ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

LOL. Thanks for that, Sue
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Here is a better pic of my face, just for you two, Monsen and Sue
      Q small (2013).jpg
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

You changed it earlier just as I was answering another post of yours and it flicked from blue to orange. Gave me quite a shock and put me right off my stride! LOL.

The second picture is better - we can see you now :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2020

I am changing my icon, as I am now beardless.
      Q ProFantasy Icon.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Or maybe it is your old beard which now is Quenten-less?

It's good changing up the appearance every now and then. But I think I'll stick with my own beard for a while yet, haven't had it that many years.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Dammit, you're right. I should have kept the shaved off beard and used it instead.
    • CommentAuthorelvwood
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2020

I last shaved my beard off in 1986. I instantly regretted it, and have stayed fuzzy ever since.