Frustrations with Selecting

Hi, I've encountered an odd problem while working on some maps. I was copying and pasting a river from one map to another, which worked as desired. Because of some distortion issues, I was forced to stretch the river path slightly in the target map, which worked in the ordinary fashion. I also wanted to generalize the river somewhat by removing some nodes, and to split it at one point. I have been entirely unable to select the river with any of the node editing tools nor any of the trim tools. Meanwhile, I can easily select the river using the stretch tool (for instance), list, or in fact erase. I've tried resetting the selection method, etc. but to no avail.

I'm pretty new to CC3, so any advice anyone can offer is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• The nodes of your river are probably a small distance apart from the river since rivers normally are smooth paths. So try to select nodes in the vicinity of your river.
  • I think my best suggestion would be if the entirety of the river is not responding, you may want to simply use the Change Properties tool to move the copied river to a different sheet, then lay down a new one on the RIVERS sheet, either taking your alterations into account, or attempting to modify them afterwards.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    First I would check whether the river has become grouped through the inserrion process. Do a LIST on it. If it is, use Ungroup on it and see whether the nodes are editable now.

If not, do a Smooth To Straight command on the river, and then move the nodes. Once you've edited them, reverse the process by using Straight To Smooth.

Hope that helps.
  • It turns out Ralf was correct - the river had become grouped. Following his advice I was able to properly access its nodes. Thanks!