Drawing tools going to wrong sheet

This is a pretty straightforward problem, but it's quite frustrating and I have no idea what the cause could be, let alone a solution.

I have the "Areas: Variacolor" drawtool in Modern City set to use the current sheet (and the current layer), as the layer and sheet I want entities created with this tool to go to will depend. I have it set up like so:

But when I actually use this tool, it ALWAYS places the resulting entities onto the "Buildings" sheet. It doesn't matter what sheet I have selected, and it also doesn't matter if I select my sheet, then activate the tool, or vice versa. Always to buildings. I have closed and reopened CC3, but that's all I've done as far as troubleshooting.

Am I missing something? Isn't "leave blank to use current sheet" supposed to make it use whatever sheet is selected? If it is, then does anyone have any idea what could cause this?

It also appeared quite suddenly, just a little while ago. I made an entity on my map with this tool, and it went to the "Areas" sheet as I wanted, then suddenly, the next time I tried to use the tool (a minute later), that entity went to "Buildings", and it's been stuck like that ever since.

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    What happens if you tick the box that says "Use current properties throughout"?

I usually find this stops polygons having a mind of their own, but you must be careful to make sure you have the right sheet and layer selected at all times for the polygon you are drawing with that particular tool, once you tick that box right at the very top.
  • CielCiel Traveler
    Well, this problem seems to have fixed itself! I didn't do anything differently, nor did I do anything to troubleshoot or try and fix things. It's just... behaving normally again.

The entities created with that tool insisted on going to the "Buildings" sheet during the whole day (the day I posed this thread), until late at night, when it suddenly stopped doing that and began acting normally again. As of a moment ago, it's still normal.

Strange. Guess it was a fluke? In any case, thanks Loopysue for the suggestion; if it returns, I'll try that. Hopefully it won't, though.
  • Sometimes a computer does what it wants to do.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Mine is called 'ratbag'! for obvious reasons! :P