Moving part of a map to a smaller scale template

Hi all

Newbie here. I searched through the archives but couldn't find any answers that I haven't already tried; sorry if I missed something.

I'm using CC2 and trying to copy part of a continent into a smaller scale template. I know that I can simply keep it where it is and simply trim off everything I don't want, but this ends up leaving me with my land mass beginning at 3426,3001 rather than at 0,0. (If there's some way to "reset" the grid numbers that would work too, but I didn't think there was).

I've had no problems (well, none I didn't figure out anyway) copying the portion I want to transfer to my Clipboard, selecting the template size I want, opening a new map and then pasting that portion that I Copied. My problem is that the map I've pasted doesn't seem to be transferring as a multipoly; it's acting more like a part. I can do things like change it's color, but I can't break it into a path so I can trim to the map border. It simply won't let me select it as an object when I use the Break command.

I know that it's possible to do what I want because there's a section in the manual on how to trim a larger continent down to the map border after transferring it to the new map (and I had no problems understanding and then doing it using the tutorial map). I'm clearly missing something (probably incredibly obvious), but I have no idea what.

Any and all help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,
Rob

Comments