CC3+, CA3, and menus

Hi all.

I have a question regarding CA3 (as used with CC3+). On page 3 of the CA3 Essentials PDF that comes installed with the software, there is an image near the top of the page labeled Character Artist Toolbar. The toolbar shows broad categories (arms, heads, torsos, etc.). How do I get that menu to appear when I'm using CA3?

The sidebar on the top right of that same page says: "The Character Artist 3 toolbar icons are usually found on the left of the interface screen. If you can’t see them, select Tools and ensure that Left toolbar 1 and 2 are ticked." When I select Tools, it shows a left-facing arrow in the checkboxes for both Left Toolbar 1 and Left Toolbar 2.

My left toolbars contain various buttons generic to CC3+, but no CA3 buttons.

Any help would be appreciate.

Thank you.

Comments

• Update: I believe the CA3 buttons are present, because when I click the mouse in the blank areas of the Left Toolbar 1 and Left Toolbar 2 it causes various CA3-related symbol sets to appear. But for some reason the buttons are not visually displayed.
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited January 2017
    Try downloading and installing the latest update. For CC3+ it's currently  CC3+ Update 9.  If you have Windows Vista or later, it's highly recommended to run ProFantasy setup files — including updates — by right-clicking the setup file icon and then selecting Run as administrator from the pop-up menu. If you've already run the update before then choose the Repair option, if prompted.

Running the update for CC3+ usually fixes the missing toolbar buttons.

It's recommended to always run the latest update (for CC3 or for CC3+, as appropriate) after you install any additional add-ons. However, if you're installing several at the same time, then just run the update last.

I hope that helps,
    ~Dogtag
  • Thanks, Dogtag. I had already installed Update 9, but I did a repair and that brought the buttons back.
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler