Cannot use custom colors

ok this is starting to get a bit frustrating. you see i am making a map that needs that will use a grayish green like scale. something that is not part of the base color scale. problem is that whenever i try to use a color i make using the Define Color tool. it is removed and replaced by a premade color of the base scale.combine this with the fact that i have 10 blacks on my scale that i cannot edit because the moronic program wont let me. then again i cant edit any of the base colors or custom color slots.

so what am i doing wrong? all i am trying to use is the define color tool in order to create 4 new colors to use on a contour.

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    You need to save the custom palette and then reopen it again each time you open CC3 with that map. Its not immediately obvious.
  • rman88rman88 Newcomer
    fun ya i tried that. it resets back to the base pallet. so if i changed say 201 color. if i tried to use the change color it would reset back to the base color. as you think this would be simple enough.
    Have you tried clicking the save custom PAL button just after creating the new colour, and then clicking the reload custom PAL at any point it reverts to default?
    edited January 2017
    You could also try using the PRESETS command (you type it into the command line and it opens a dialogue like this)

[Image_7386]

If you click the 'Attach to drawing' button you may find that the custom palette will open automatically every time you open that drawing :)
  • rman88rman88 Newcomer
    edited January 2017
    well this is odd. i am not getting the glitch anymore. after reloading the program i found that the colors pallet acualy works like it should. man this program still suffer from bugs. but hey least this issue is fixed so i can get to work. but just a run down to what was going on.

1. i created the define color in a in one of the slots. ranging from 100 to 200. none that are tied to program features.

2. i try to use the color. only for it to revert back to its base color.

3. this includes for example using the base color chose. as well as using the more advance features such as choosing a contort color threw advance settings.

but ya in the end this must have been a glitch. that was fixed by reloading the program.

ps. i am still getting the glitch where it changes color on me. but i only need to make a few contors. so i can deal with it.
    Closing and reopening the file can often cure a whole lot of things ;)