3-1/3 sized grid

I see there's a lot of different scaling commands. What is the best way to set up a map so that it (and placed symbols, etc.) is scaled at 3 squares = 10 feet, as described in the 1E AD&D DMG?

Comments

• JimPJimP 🖼️ 280 images Cartographer
    edited January 2017
    I would be interested to, as I made floor tiles out of manila folders back in the 1980s. Each large square in the below items is 10', physically 2 inches across, so i could easily use 25mm miniatures with them.

20' x 50'

semi-circle, 10' radius

I made around 150 to 200 of these in various sizes. Printing them out would be a good way to continue to use them.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Well, you shouldn't normally touch the scaling, as 10' is still 10' feet even if it occupies 1, 2 or 3 squares. Remember that symbols and such are scaled based on actual distance, not grid size.

Now, 3-1/3 is an ugly number, and impossible to represent exact as in decimal notation, but if you type 3.333333333 as the grid size value, the approximation will be more that precise enough for mapping purposes.
  • That makes sense...I don't know why I was thinking about trying to get the tools to lay down at 3 1/3 instead of 5' or 10' when I can simply grid over them at 3 1/3.

Thanks!