Annual Numbers not at webpage?

Hello everyone,

I ordered most of the Annuals.
I would like to ask if it is posible to show the Styple number also on the Weppage associated with the style.

Every time when I would like to start drawing a map I first go through the Annual Styles on the webpages https://secure.profantasy.com/products/sub.asp.
When I found a style appropriat for the actual map ( http://www.profantasy.com/annual/2015/january15.html ) then I start searching for the guide in my annual Folders.

I know the styple is January 2015.
Now the Annuals are splited in CC3 and CC3+ Annuals which are located in different folders.
Each style has his one folder. And each folder is named by a number.
But which number is January 2015?
We need to calculated.
2015 is the 9th annual and January is the first month so we calculated the folder number as (9-1)x12 +1 = 97.
And Yes I found the mapping guide in the folder 97. Yeh!

But I think if would be easyier to find the style guide by showing the number at the webpage.

with best regards

Robak

Comments

• DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited January 2017
    This isn't a bad idea but, even if ProFantasy does not start putting issue numbers on the annual description pages, you can still find what you're looking for fairly easily. Each annual has a name or title, and that name or title is used in the filenames of the PDF mapping guides and also displays in the Style list of the New Drawing Wizard when you create a new map.

For example, if you want to create a map using the January 2015 annual style (OSR Dungeons), the mapping guide is named CA97 Mapping Guide - OSR Dungeons. Also, when you start a map, select Dungeons from the Type list, choose Decide settings for myself, click Next, and then select Annual OSR Dungeons from the style list.

Still, if you really need the numbers then, as you mentioned, you can figure them out fairly quickly, although it does take a little math. There are 12 issues a year and the first annual was for 2007, so the issue numbers for each year are:

Vol. 01, 2007:     1 - 12
    Vol. 02, 2008:   13 - 24
    Vol. 03, 2009:   25 - 36
    Vol. 04, 2010:   37 - 48
    Vol. 05, 2011:   49 - 60
    Vol. 06, 2012:   61 - 72
    Vol. 07, 2013:   73 - 84
    Vol. 08, 2014:   85 - 96
    Vol. 09, 2015:   97 - 108
    Vol. 10, 2016:  109 - 120
    Vol. 11, 2017:  121 - 132

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
  • Some of the first 12, when first installed, only have numbers, but no titles, in the folder names when they are installed. The rest all do.
    edited January 2017
    The folders for my first year annuals have only numbers but most of the mapping guides have titles but no numbers. The exceptions have both.

That said, the first year issues should be easy to match up with the appropriate month using just the issue number.

~Dogtag
  • After I installed them, I changed the folder names to be more descriptive. I think its the first 6 issues for 2007 I had to do that for.
    My point is that all the mapping guides use the issue titles.
  • I understood. But if I don't remember which annual has what in it, I look at the folder names.
    Sure, but as far as I can tell, the filenames for all the PDF guides include the title of the annual. Some from vol. 1 do not include the number but they all have the title. If you're going to the PF site to look up an annual issue, they're all titled, so you can use that title to find the PDF Guide.

I agree it might be helpful to add issue numbers to the Annual Volume web pages but whether that happens or not, you can search for a particular guide on your computer using the title. Windows has a search feature that can help you find the PDF titles, though I personally use the Everything search utility to search for files on my computers.