Tome of Ultimate Mapping -- City Tower Issue

So let me just start by saying I'm new to this forum, so I may be saying things I shouldn't be, but it is only for the sake of explaining my problem. Please don't ban me. :)

Anyway, I got Campaign Cartographer about a year ago, along with City Designer, to help with a Pathfinder campaign I was running. I picked up CC very quickly and easily (thanks mostly to the Joe Sweeney videos), but designing cities gave me no end of headaches. Without many tutorials on the subject, I decided to pick up the Tome of Ultimate Mapping, and the section on City Designer has a nice walkthrough. Well, I thought it was nice, but I've since run into a major problem on step 3: creating the city wall towers. It says to create a new tool based on the city wall 20' tool, but make it a circle with a fixed width of 0.0, and give the outline entity a fixed width of 8.0. The image in the tome looks great, with seamless integration, but mine look hideous (see attachment). I tried this in both CC3 and CC3+ with the City Designer 3 installed, and neither works.

Can somebody please help me? Getting stuck like this on step 3 is just plain annoying. :)

Comments