Question

I was using CC3 to place objects on the old Iron Crown Enterprises Map of Middle Earth (the big map of the continent) I was placing mountains and other stuff and saving each time. I have now come back to it but when I load it I see all of the things I have placed on the map but the map itself is gone and there is just a big red "X" that covers more than half the map, I used Photo shop to first save the map as a .bmp and after each session of working on it, what am I doing wrong?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    That means it can no longer find the image file for the inserted map. When you insert an image into CC3(+), it is just a reference to the original image file, so that needs to stay in the same location (and have the same name) as when you inserted it, or CC3 won't find it.
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited January 2017
    If you need to know name and location of the original bitmap image you inserted, you can use the Info>List menu option (or type LIST and then press Enter), select the red X placeholder, right-click and select Do It. The List command will give you the path and filename that it is looking for.
    • If the path starts with # then the path begins in the installation folder.
    • If the path starts with @ (CC3+ only) then the path begins in the CC3+ data folder.
    • If the path starts with $ then the path is the same as the one for the map you're editing.
    Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
  • AircopAircop Newcomer
    Thank you for your time and trouble