A trap room you might like, Dwarf Home

Well, I am trying to finish up Dwarf Home's old maps before I start the new version of Dwarf Home.

I was making a 180' x 240' area and realized i had a nice trap in the making. Look at the lower left. There is a moat on one side of the wall. The two towers are on the other side of the wall. Stairs lead up to the top of the wall for the defender's side... there is no drawbridge. But there is a secret door that goes through the wall. Probably needs a Dwarf touch to open it.

As for the trap: the water could surge over anyone walking between the two moat areas that don't have the spoken password; the secret passage could close and trap anyone inside the wall, etc.

Added a room close up.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Concept is interesting. I envision the gate defenders triggering this whenever they didn't like the looks of whomever was approaching. In your drawing the moat areas doesn't look to be raised above the walkway though. Maybe the area in between the moat should be lowered a bit (use a set of stairs to indicate it), forcing the approaching party to descend down between the moats.
  • The secret door is under the stairs, and lets out between the two moat areas. In first edition ad&d there is a monster caled a water weird. They are mostly transparent, and can attack a character or monster walking past the water they are in.

If the characters used the stairs to get to the top of the wall, there is no way down the other side, unless they remembered to bring rope.

Its all a magical trap, no people/monster defenders. No gate either, its a secret tunnel.
  • JimPJimP 🖼️ 280 images Cartographer
    edited January 2017
    I decided to fix up, with CC3 symbols and a bitmap fill, the original Dwarf Home maps. So the new stuff will be a bit delayed. Yes, the bitmap above.