So....whats up with the autosave

Three hours in and the whole page just disappears except the grid. All I was doing was adding doors. What the blazes. Is this a common occurrence? When I start creating my world instead of a dwarven retreat will I get days and weeks worth of work just instantly wiped out.

Comments

• JimPJimP 🖼️ 280 images Cartographer
    edited December 2016
    Sounds like the origin got messed up. Please post a copy of your fcw file so we can look it over. Once you find your lower left corner again, you can set the origin by typing origin and clicking the lower left corner of your map.

I turn off autosave and save as filename01_001, work on it, save as filename01_0002, etc. until done. That was I can go back furtherr than undo can handle if I need to.
  • I couldn't even find where it had saved it. It was saved in some mystery file under my name/appdata/virtualstore file I couldn't even find on my computer. I just started over and am saving it to a file I know where it is at.
  • It is saved in the C:\ProgramData\Profantasy\CC3Plus\ folder Programdata is a hidden folder. But you should be able to find it by opening File Exporler or Windows Explorer, depending on your version of Windows, and copying and pasting the path at the begining of this paragrapgh.
  • pdjpdj Traveler
    It's obviously too late to help in this case, but there's a handy "Open Autosave Drawing" entry on the CC3+ File menu that saves you having to go searching for the file.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    That's very true. I almost made the same comment myself at about the same time, but bucketheadklunk has probably saved the newer map he's just started over the top of it by now, simply by working on it with the autosave on.

If there is any room for a tech suggestion here, it might be that the autosave could be set to save under the same filename as the file, rather than the same name for all files, so it is possible to recover from a disaster that happened last week, or last month, but with all the annuals being converted and so much else going on, that would be fairly low on the list of priorities.