HOW TO: Manually Install the Random City Command for CC3+ [Unofficial]

DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
I've seen occasional lamentation on the forum regarding the inability to install the Random City command for use with CC3+. If you have CD3, the setup file is available for download but it was written for CC3 and does not yet install to the correct locations for CC3+.

But you may be able to install it manually.

The following steps worked for me, on my Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-bit operating system. They should work on other versions of Windows, but you may encounter folder permission issues (possibly even with Windows 7), which are beyond the scope of my post to address, though others may be able to offer advice.

These are the steps that I used, personally, and the information below is not officially supported by ProFantasy.

Try this:
  1. Download the setup file for the Random City Command from your CD3 downloads link.
  2. Rename the file so the file extension is ZIP instead of EXE.
  3. Create a temporary folder on your desktop.
  4. Double-click the newly-renamed ZIP file to open it.
  5. Extract the files to the temporary folder you just created.
  6. Close the ZIP file.
  7. Open the temporary folder.
  8. Delete the Readme.bat file.
  9. Copy the Documentation folder to your CC3+ data folder.
    By default, this is C:\ProgramData\Profantasy\CC3Plus but it may be different if you changed it during CC3+ setup. Windows will probably warn you that there is already a "Documentation" folder and ask if you want to proceed.
  10. If prompted, click Yes. You are only adding the Random City Command readme file, so you will not overwrite anything.
  11. Copy all the remaining files to your CC3+ program folder.
    This is typically one of the following, depending on whether you have a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system:
    32-bit: C:\Program Files\Profantasy\CC3Plus  or
    64-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Profantasy\CC3Plus
  12. Delete the temporary folder.
For instructions on using the CITY command, open the Readme_RandomCity.txt file in your Documentation folder.

Cheers,
~Dogtag

Comments