HOW TO: Manually Install Shessar's Fireplaces for CC3+ [Unofficial]

DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
I've seen occasional lamentation on the forum regarding the inability to install Shessar's excellent DD3 fireplace symbol set for use with CC3+. If you have DD3, the setup file is available for download but it was written for CC3 and does not yet install to the correct locations for CC3+.

But you can install them manually.

The following steps worked for me, on my Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-bit operating system, but they should work on other versions of Windows too. These are the steps that I used, personally, and the information below is not officially supported by ProFantasy.

Try this:
  1. Download the setup file for Shessar's Fireplaces from your DD3 downloads link.
  2. Rename the file so the file extension is ZIP instead of EXE.
  3. Double-click the ZIP file to open it.
  4. Extract the Symbols folder to your CC3Plus data directory.
    By default, this is C:\ProgramData\Profantasy\CC3Plus but it may be different if you changed it during CC3+ setup. Windows will probably warn you that there is already a "Symbols" folder and ask if you want to proceed.
  5. If prompted, click Yes. You are only adding Shessar's fireplace symbols, so you will not overwrite anything.
  6. Open CC3+.
  7. Click File>Open from the menu bar.
    The File manager dialog box displays.
  8. Select CC3/CC2 FSC Symbol catalog from the Files of type drop-down list.
  9. Navigate to C:\ProgramData\Profantasy\CC3Plus\Symbols\Dungeons\Shessar\Fireplaces. This is the default location. If you used a custom data folder, then navigate to there.
  10. Open Fireplaces.FSC.
    It will probably be just a big green screen, but you will see the fireplaces in the symbol catalog.
  11. Type FFIX and then press Enter.
    This command fixes image path information in the FSC file. There won't be any visible change, but the command line should now read, Command [FFIX]:.
  12. Save and close the file.
Now, when you create a dungeon map, you can manually open Shessar's Fireplace catalog (Fireplaces.FSC) by clicking the Load Catalog button that sits directly above the symbols in the currently-open catalog, and then use Shessar's symbols in your map. Note that these symbols are not connected to any of the catalog buttons (e.g. Cave, Furniture, or Wall Features).

Cheers,
~Dogtag