Invisible Button on Toolbar?

I have recently purchased and installed several products (CC3, CC3+, DD3, CA3, CD3, FT3, DP). I have been reading the manuals, watching the tutorials, and doing a lot of playing with CC3+ and FT3. So my question is, is there any way to fix a toolbar button that does not appear in the toolbar? If I move my cursor over the spot where it is supposed to be the little text button name pops up, but there is no actual button -- just a blank space. It is the SHEETS AND EFFECTS button in CC3+. I went into the mnu file and the SHEETS AND EFFECTS command is there but is labeled with a CA prefix and not CC2 like most of the others I see there. I even tried to copy the CA prompt, add it to the file menu under a new number with the CC2 prefix, but that did not change anything. What do I do to make the button appear? Oh, and the USE LARGE TOOLBAR BUTTONS setting is OFF, as when I tried it ALL the buttons disappeared (too large for my screen/settings, I guess).

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    Hi Scott. Welcome to the ProFantasy forum and to CC3+!

First, if you can undo the changes you made manually, I recommend you do.

Second, after installing CC3/CC3+ and all the add-ons, download and install the latest update. For CC3, that's CC3 Update 11, for CC3+ it's currently CC3+ Update 9. If you have Windows Vista or later, it's highly recommended to run ProFantasy setup files by right-clicking the setup file icon and then selecting Run as administrator from the pop-up menu.

Running the update for CC3+ usually fixes the missing toolbar buttons. However, if you made changes to the .MNU file and are unable to change it back manually, you may want to do a repair install of CC3+ first, before running the update.

It's recommended to always run the latest update (for CC3 or for CC3+, as appropriate) after you install any additional add-ons. However, if you are installing several at the same time, then just run the update last.

I hope that helps,
    ~Dogtag
  • Thanks, Dogtag -- that fixed it!

Somehow I missed the CC3+Update 9 when I downloaded all the program files. Downloaded it, ran it, and voila, there's my SHEETS button!

Oh, and the changes I made in the mnu file I had already changed back immediately when I saw they didn't do what I wanted them to do!

Thanks for the help and the warm welcome. I am new to any sort of graphics software, so I'm sure I'll have loads of questions as I keep exploring CC3!

--ScottA
  • JimPJimP 🖼️ 280 images Cartographer
    edited December 2016
    Welcome to the show ! I have given up my attempts to learn to juggle, so I have to leave that part out.