Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    Last time I had this problem was when I had XP Pro 64-bit. But it seems the latest XP Pro 32-bit version can not start 32-bit Setup Launcher on old CC2 disks including the symencrypt6 which I downloaded from ProFantasy site years ago.

Does anyone here know how to get these moving?

I sent in to tech support as well, but was wondering if anyone else might have a solution.

The only disks I have anymore that uses the 32-bit Setup Launcher is DD2, CD2 and CC2 Dioramas. Linda fixed my issues with DD2 and CD2 but now I need Dioramas fixed, and symencrypt6.

in case your wondering.

Running Windows XP Pro 32-bit SP2
    Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT
    I'd like to thank Profantasy and Linda for coming to my rescue once again. I guess I will have to assume that anything that says "32-bit Setup Launcher" will no longer work in newer computers. So with a different excutable file, this one saying "InstallShield Setup Launcher" I was able to install CC2Dioramas with my original disk code.

The only Profantasy disks I own that use the older "32-bit Setup Launcher" are CC2 v.6, CD2, DD2 and CC2Dioramas. Well I have CC2 Pro so the last three are the troublesome trio.

So thank you once again Profantasy. I still need CC2 to use my Tombs disk until a compatablity patch is made for CC3
    • CommentAuthormarkfitz
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2009

Something to keep in mind, a 32-bit app does not mean a 32-bit launcher. I would think that the older disks could use a 16-bit launcher as that was very common up until a few years ago, not need to be otherwise. The main issue is, 16-bit applications on a 32-bit Windows OS are handled through what's known as 16-bit Windows on Windows (WOW). I should say, that's true with the NT family of products (NT/2000/XP/Vista), not the Win 9x and ME since they aren't truly 32-bit. So, when you have a 64-bit version of Windows, there's a version of the WOW to run 32-bit apps called WOW32. Unfortunately, there can't be yet another WOW version so there isn't a WOW16, hence a 16-bit app can't run. I've seen this with a good number of installers until the last few years as many companies don't upgrade to the newest installers unless there's a good reason since the old addage, if it's not broke don't fix it, is really true with installers.