CA110 Empire of the Sun

Here is my offering for CA110 Empire of the Sun. It is a simple drawing, of the view from my computer. I also put up the relevant photos. I will do a more complex map later in this style. Looks simple, but not so easy to get a good map, I have found. I 'dips me lid' as they say in the land of Oz, to tonnichiwa on his great Empire of the Sun Maps. Again, comments on how to better this map are appreciated. That is one reason I have posted the photos, so you can use them for suggestions. (The other reason is to brag about where I live - just 200m from the beach with this view, and not built out at all).

Comments

• That's a nice map of where you live. I live at the beach too only not as close as you do. I am on a sort of Jetty that extends out into the bay. I just have to get in my car and drive two blocks and I am there, staring out at the pacific towards Japan.

So, on to your map. I like the way you've used the plants to represent the types you have in your pictures, and the way you put the mountains in across from your house. My only suggestion on the whole map is to maybe put in a slightly green background under the mountains. It isn't really needed but it's just a suggestion.

Thank you for the hat tip. :)
  • And here is my more complex map - based on the harbour of Jhelrosis, guarded by twin volcanoes, one of which, Exopokne, is due to explode soon. Perhaps I will get round to drawing in lava flows, and billowing smoke!. The Creatures are taken from CSUAC2