Catalog Confusion

For some reason my base catalog for a dungeon I'm drawing is not the dungeon symbol catalog, it is the cosmographer catalog. And it doesn't even seem to be the full cosmographer catalog either. I can still find images I want by digging but I should be able to pull them up with the press of a button right? How do I fix this?

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Hazarding a wild guess here...

You may have clicked the cosmographer icon on the top button bar (near the CC3/DD3/CD3 buttons). In which case try clicking the DD3 button and then the appropriate catalogue button.
  • Ayup. That can happen. Just click the appropriate icon at the top of the program, DD in this case. Then the selection row will change. click on it to bring up the catalog you want to use. Note that by browsing you can bring up other dungeon catalogs from any Annuals you have and use them to.
  • Ok, its not cosmographer now, now its the plane DD-Filled catalog instead of the DD3 colored
  • Ok! I think I've figured it out but I'm not totally certain. I right-clicked 'Symbol-Style Toggle' and down the list to 'Master Filter Settings'. With that one gets a "Number of filters to use:" option which can be selected. I might be wrong but I think this fixed it. If I'm wrong let me know, if I'm right, thanks for the quick feedback.
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited December 2016
    If you click the Symbol Style Toggle button image on the left-hand side, just under the drawing tools, the catalog should toggle between available styles. Typically, this toggles between the bitmap and vector symbols. However, sometimes it rotates through more, and sometimes it simply opens the Select Catalog Setting dialog box.

If it opens the dialog box, you should see a list of available catalogs, based on the symbol filter setting. Sometimes, this is stuck on DD Pro even though you're using a DD3 dungeon style. Happily, there's is an easy fix (actually, there are several, but here's one of them).

Try this:
    1. Click Advanced >> at the bottom of the dialog box.
      The dialog box expands to show the advanced settings.
    2. Type * in the Catalog setting filter field.
    3. Type DD3 in the Master filter field, and then click the Find now button next to the field.
      The catalog list on the left changes to display all the DD3 symbol catalogs.
    4. Click OK.
      The dialog box closes and the symbol catalog changes to a DD3 style.
    There are other methods, including a simple right-click on the Symbol Style Toggle button (I have mixed results with this sometimes) and making changes directly to the Master Filters (Symbols>Master Settings Filters from the menu bar or from the right-click I just mentioned). The above is a sort of middle-ground solution. If you want to learn more about master filters, how they affect your maps, and how to set and save filters, check out p. 67 of the CC3 User Manual or p.83 of the CC3+ User Manual.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited December 2016
    Ha! Once again, I take too long to type out my answer. Oh, well. Glad you figured it out!
  • Maybe you need to keep a file of answers and post the one most appropriate ? Editing the post to fit the exact answer ?
  • I'll try and tinker around with it more and perhaps I'll find the best answer to this problem. I have no idea what set it off to begin with but I don't doubt I'll see it again. Thanks folks for the responses!
  • Oh, my reply about keeping a a file of answers was directed at DogTag.