Questions about Annuals

Thinking about getting a few annuals and got a few questions.

I have CC3+ installed. Can I use all the token sets from older Annuals? Been looking at Annual 3 as I want to do a ship map. Is there certain annuals I would need to avoid unless I wanted to install CC3 (the non plus version)?

And if I subscribe to an annual, the 2016 ones, will I loose access to it once 2017 comes around and then have to buy it? Or how does subscriptions work?

Comments

• DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited December 2016
    Currently, only Annual Volumes 8 - 10 (2014 - 2016) are compatible with CC3+. I'm afraid that means that, if you want to use Annual Vol. 3, you'll need to install CC3 (and it's add-ons, if you want to get the full benefit of earlier annuals).

That said, if you want, you can manually convert most, possibly all, of the content and functionality of an earlier annual issue yourself. There are some general instructions for this on the forum at:
    http://forum.profantasy.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=6412 and
    http://forum.profantasy.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=6260#Item_6

As for subscriptions, issues for a given year's annual are released on the first of each month and are available for download from your Subscriptions page. When you subscribe, you get instant access to all issues already published for that year, and then for each monthly issue thereafter, for the year. After the last issue of an annual is published, ProFantasy compiles all the issues into a single installer. You have access to the compiled annuals, that you subscribed to or purchased later, in perpetuity, just as you do any other ProFantasy product you've purchased. So, if you subscribe to the 2016 annual, you will have instant access to all 12 issues that have been published and, once the single installer is compiled, you'll have access to that. However, each year is a new subscription, so you'll need to subscribe again to begin getting the 2017 issues.

As I write this, the 2017 annual is not yet available for subscription but I presume it will be very soon.

I hope that helps,
    ~Dogtag