Dungeon Templates blacked out

Trying once more to beat the learning curve on CC3 now that 3+ is out.

I've installed all the 3+ add-ons I own (DD3, CD3, CA3). I had originally installed CC3+ and patched it, then installed the add-ons. That reverted CC3+ back to an earlier version than the latest patch, so I ran the patch again. Everything seemed OK after that with CC3+ at V3.75

When I go to start a new dungeon and choose "pick a pre-defined template" all the pictures are black squares. The names are showing, so if I click on one it brings up what I presume is the correct template, but I'm hesitant to start messing around with the product too much if the install isn't right. Do I need to reinstall it to get the templates to show as previews?

Comments

• Did you do a repair ? Or remove and reinstall ? i would do a repair.
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited December 2016
    I seem to recall reading somewhere that this is a known issue but that the cause, itself, is still unknown.

However, until the issue is resolved — and probably even after that — you're probably better off choosing Decide settings myself instead of "Pick a pre-defined template." After you click Next, you can still choose the style you want from a list, similar to picking the style of a predefined template, but as you move through the New Drawing Wizard, you have greater flexibility and control over the setup for your map. Personally, I can't remember the last time I used a pre-defined template, though it is a personal choice.

(I do recommend, however, that you skip adding a grid overlay in the New Drawing Wizard and add it later, if desired, using Draw>Hex or square overlay from the menu. Again, because of greater flexibility and control.)

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
  • Thanks for the info. I don't normally use the templates either, but when I saw them blacked it raised my concern I messed up the install. Good to know it's not really an issue.