Adding Mappa Harnica fills and symbols to CC2 Pro / CC3 Plus

Is there a way to add the Mappa Harnica fills and symbols to the library in CC2 Pro or CC3 Plus?

My new machine runs Windows 10 and CC2 will not work. Either the program does not run on Windows 10, or my program is broken and I cannot re-load it from the Pro Fantasy website. The error message says the Product is not Registered.
Of course in a perfect world, I would be able to make Mappa Harnic work on CC3 Plus, but then I would not be here.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Symbols are easy. All MH symbols are vector symbols, so you should be able to just copy over the Symbol catalogs (.fsc files) from a CC2 installation (or you may be able to extract them from the MH installer) to a CC3+ installation. Place them in the same relative path inside the CC3+ data directory as they existed in the CC2 installation directory. The symbol catalogs shouldn't need any other kind of processing
    As for fills, all vector fills are stored inside their templates (.fct files). As with the symbol catalogs, you should be able to copy these over to the CC3+ data directory, and you should be able to make new maps from them. MH templates uses a special color palette however, so you also need the fcw32.pal file from MH. However, CC3+ has the ability to embed a palette into the map/template (from the drawing properties dialog), so you should do this for the MH templates immediately so you don't have to keep the custom palette file in your CC3+ directory.
  • The symbols work like Monsen said. The fwc32.pal does have a CC3 version that you can download. The guild symbols are a separate download and do work in CC3 & CC3+